Thread: After apple itune 10.5.3.3 upgrade error 42404 occurred

After apple itune 10.5.3.3 upgrade error 42404 occurred

I have a window 7 Pc at home and recently I have upgraded my apple iTunes software to 10.5.3.3. After upgrading a message seems to occur" A required iTunes component is not installed. Please repair or reinstall iTunes (-42404)". Then I have uninstalled and reinstalled but the problem was the same. It states that something is missing in the install the earlier version was working fine without any error. How to remove this error?

Re: After apple itune 10.5.3.3 upgrade error 42404 occurred

i was having the same issue. I was unable to update but the problem was solved. But when I turn the antivirus off then I was able to update.

Reply :
    I know the answer as I tried it on my PC running windows 7 and surely it resolved all my issue.
    Follow these steps: 1) first go to folder ‘C’ then select program files (x86).
    Then go to the common files there you have to search for apple folder by using ‘search files and folder’ in the left side or click organize and folder search option. While installing the iTunes there you have to might click and choose install as administrator then only you will be able to find these file.
    All you need to do is right click apple folder then select properties choose the option of security then advanced. There see the owner inside advanced if there is unknown then there is edit button then you have to click and edit and then select administrator listed there after these click on ‘ok’. Then double click the folder then you will find multiple folders in it. Then go back and delete it. These are the way to access the folders then you can delete the folder.

I have done these steps then I have emptied the recycle bin. After deleting the entire file from the recycle bin . Then I rebooted the system and later reinstalled as administrator i.e. right click on install file and run the install as administrator. ITunes 10.5.3.3 is working fine with no problem at all.

If you are using windows 7 or vista there is a shortcut. You just have to right click then select take ownership. Download the file and then unzip it. Then you have to Install TakeOwnership.reg file and then click yes.