Thread: While opening PDF document of Adobe Reader I get (Not Responding) in the title bar

While opening PDF document of Adobe Reader I get (Not Responding) in the title bar

can you guys help me from this issue as the title says it all and you could have got a whole idea regarding it. But to explain in detail, Whenever I attempt to open a PDF document on my System , Adobe Reader will tend to open it, however when I go to scroll or else have a click on one of the tabs I am getting as (Not Responding) which appears in the title bar. After this , I have a wait for some time but it continues to hang, and at the time of clicking wherever in the window it will tend to appear opaque which leaves only the red X cancel button clear.so I need to solve this . help me please.

Re: While opening PDF document of Adobe Reader I get (Not Responding) in the title bar

I have some solution which you must try. So you need to go to
    Documents and Settings\<user>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Acrobat\10.0
    When I had a glance over this folder in my case this folder was empty as well as that caused precisely the described problem. I made an copy of the contents from an additional user's folder:

\Cache
    AdobeCMapFnt10.lst
    AdobeSysFnt10.lst
    SharedDataEvents
    UserCache.bin
    That just solved the issue.

Re: While opening PDF document of Adobe Reader I get (Not Responding) in the title bar

Hello guys , I will also provide some solution as I was also having same issue

1. You will have to traverse to the Reader installation directory and to know its location it is usually in C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 10.0)
    2. you also need to delete all the folders probable, with the exception of Setup Files.
    3. at present, from within the Control Panel, you need to go to Programs as well as Features.
    4. attempt along with repair the Reader installation, by selecting the Change/Modify for the Reader 10.1.2 entry.
    5. you will be with some steps and then you need to Follow the steps and reboot if necessary.
    6. in the end attempt and launch the application.

This will definitely have a fix.

As found from some sources it has came to me that you need to update to Reader 10.1.2 from adobe site and see if the problem persists or not. You can also Try with accessing kb2.adobe.com/cps/837/cpsid_83709/attachments/Acrobat_Enterpris e_Administration.pdf and all you need to try and save it to your system , and see to it whether it has been solved or not.

As these solutions are not working in my case and I require further assistance. I updated to the newest Reader, but the difficulty still persists with all PDFs on my hard drive, counting the one you got me to download.in addition, with "tabs" I am referring the File, Edit, View, Window and the Help buttons. I thought that it was called tags. But I don’t know what to call it.
    Anyway, at the time of opening any PDF file, even if I simply allow it sit there without trying to click at anyplace in the Reader window, there is again an error such as "(Not Responding)" which appears in the title bar. Can you make some more solutions. .

The reason may be due to the existing antivirus you are having. So you need to temporarily disable the antivirus software which is running on your PC and then make a check whether it solves or not after launching the PDF as well, you can then ask for help if you just launch the application as well as are not able to access any PDF.

I have tried this one and my issue was solved. You need to Install WinDbg from Microsoft .com and then have a Launch of WinDbg by means of the shortcut, then you also need to open Command Prompt and type in the following commands:
    cd c:\Program Files\Debugging Tools for Windows (x86)

windbg.exe –I

that would tend to launch the WinDbg application for an instance and then illustrate a dialog stating that WinDbg is at present your default debugging application. And then you have to click OK so that you are able to dismiss the same.Also then you will have to open Reader and do whatsoever operation that produces the crash. After the Reader crashes, WinDbg will tend to launch automatically. After this it will prompt to type in the following command in the WinDbg Console:

.dump /ma c:\temp.dmp (Hit Enter)

This will have an creation of the crash log in C:\ by the name of temp.dmp. hope this reply helps you to solve your query.

You can also try with removing the check from the checkbox which is besides the Enable Protected Mode at startup under the General category and then in the Preferences which will be located under the Edit menu item.

Hey all, I was not having this issue previously, and I researched on it and found that it was all due to 3D rendering. And you need to go to 3D and Multimedia under Preferences as well as uncheck "Enable hardware rendering for legacy video cards.