Thread: upgraded to adobe reader x and cant select text

upgraded to adobe reader x and cant select text

As after the previous version I was interested in this version And therefore I made an installation of it but however , I am with some issues. All I wish to do is choose some text/charts from a PDF, as well as then copy as well as paste into Word/Paint. When I had the previous version I used to be able to do that but after I made an upgrade to X I am not able to even select text, even if the Select Tool is on. Can you suggest some means in which I am able to do this.

Re: upgraded to adobe reader x and cant select text

I have found the solution which actually works in your case. you need to right click anywhere along with switch from hand tool to make an selection of that tool, then make an selection of the text you want and copy it. And you are able to paste it where you like it to. I have tried this one and it really works.

I will provide a step by step guide which will enable to understand the topic well. So as you required to copy and paste selected text in Adobe Reader X:
    1. you need to make an selection of Edit > Take Snapshot
    2. and then you need to click and drag an area around the text you wish for to copy followed by release the mouse button.
    3. and then you all need to Press Esc to exit Snapshot mode.
    4. In another application you need to press Edit > and then you are able to Paste to paste the selected text.

I have come across this as I have much visited the PDF documents and I have noticed that there are some documents which are not an image in the sense that each page is a single image, but rather they are made plenty of individual images, still to the point that each letter is its own image. As such documents are precisely not containing text, the text select tool will not tend to work, and this is not an Acrobat matter.

especially such type of documents appear to be generated at the time of printing a pop-up window (Ctrl-p, or right-click print) on certain web pages from within Google Chrome to PDF.
    And I would add that the simplest means to locate if you occur to have such a document is to open such a document in Acrobat Reader, and you all need to do is move to the File and then in the Properties>> Font tab. You should observe that there are no or hardly any fonts scheduled, and in particular the fonts you observe in the document are not present there.

You just make sure that your file contains actual text, and not images of text as I have observed most of the guys who very frequently, if they are not able to select text in a PDF, it's because there is no text there.