Thread: Why does my computer restart whenever i open a folder?

Why does my computer restart whenever i open a folder?

whenever i open some folders in E drive, my computer freezes and then proceeds to restart. It doesn't

happen with all the folders & other drives, so I don't know what the deal is. When the computer starts

up again, I get a message saying that the system recovered from a serious error. Any help?

Re: Why does my computer restart whenever i open a folder?

It could be a virus problem, have you tried scanning your pc with an antivirus software? Also have you tried opening it without thumbnails switched on? Could be a problem with the thumbnail file. In XP go into my computer and click on View and then select list. Then select tools and select folder options and click on the view tab and click on apply to all folders. Say yes then click ok and then go try to go into the pictures.

Thanks for the reply.

I scanned my PC with Kaspersky 2012 but found no virus. even tried opening without thumbnails by following your advice but still the problem persist. It keeps restarting if try to open certain folders. Plz help me out in solving dis problem.

Just try out the below solution and see if it is helping:
    • Got to start and then click on run and then type "cmd" without the quotes and then hit enter.
    • when you get command prompt open then type copy paste this sfc /scannow and then hit enter again.
    • The scanning process will take place and it will replace missing file, you might require the installation disk if asked.
    • Other than this also follow the below solution:
    • Just right click on my computer icon and then click on properties and then on advanced.
    • Now from the start up % recovery > settings > just uncheck the auto restart option and then click on ok.

just check out the above possible solution and see if it is helping or not.