Thread: How about a "send Ctrl Alt Delete" option in LogMeIn Rescue

How about a "send Ctrl Alt Delete" option in LogMeIn Rescue

Do you think that a "send Ctrl Alt Delete" option is very helpful for LogMeIn Rescue? I have seen that there is a "Launch Task Manager" option but it will not help you in all situations. While connection to the PC, you will get an option to start Logmein as a service. After that only you can connect to the remote System. However you log out from your computer, the Logmein will not automatically get disconnected to close. You have to tell the remote use to press Ctrl Alt Delete and kill the process. It seems really silly to me.

Re: How about a "send Ctrl Alt Delete" option in LogMeIn Rescue

I think that there is a key or button which you can get on the LMI toolbar. This key can send the ctrl-alt-del combination to the host computer. The icon should be 3 keys. You should simply hover over all icons available there and you will get to know about button by seeing a description anyway.

I don’t think that there is an option or button to send the key combination to the remote computer. I really don’t have any idea about the solution but there is a work around. . You can try CTRL+ALT+INSERT. I believe that is a default setup as a hotkey which will provide the same kind of function which you can get during the CTRL+ALT+DEL button.

I have tried your solution but unfortunately the Windows 7 system does not able to access the ctrl+ALT+Del or ctrl+ALT+insert. It seems to me that this option only works with the local or physical keyboard. There is no way a Windows 7 can accept the ctrl+ALT+Del combination by the onscreen keyboard or my commands either local or remote. I don’t know whether it is a logmein problem or something else but I urge that logmein should find a solution for this issue.

If you are running a Windows 7 computer, you will need to do these things in order to allow CTRL+ALT+DEL to be sent.
    • First of all click on the Start>choose the search field and type
    • Enter gpedit.msc and press Enter which will open the Group Policy Editor.
    • On the Left pane you should navigate to the following location: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Logon Options
    • Search for this Policy: Disable or enable software Secure Attention Sequence
    • Once found right click on it and choose Properties or Edit.
    • There select Enabled of the three options and "Services and Ease of Access applications" from the dropdown.
    • Click OK to close.