Thread: How to get a sound with LogMeIn Ignition on iPad?

How to get a sound with LogMeIn Ignition on iPad?

I stay outdoor most of the time as I am into business and need to go here and there for the same purpose. Now the thing is that I have an iPad with me and also a laptop, this laptop is too heavy and inconvenient to carry it always anywhere.

So therefore I bought this LogMeIn Ignition software for the iPad just to get a remote access to my home machine in order to access the docs and music. But recently yesterday I noticed that this Logmein app is sound at all, I mean yesterday when I was accessing my laptop through logmein and when I played the music I was unable to hear anything, why is it so?

Re: How to get a sound with LogMeIn Ignition on iPad?

For your kind information let me tell you that till now there has been no such support for sound via logMeIn. In detail, there is no ETA support of remote sound to the LogMeIn ignition for both iPad and iPhone products right now. Anyways try to contact the support center and know more about this thing if possible.

Hey do you mean that remote sound is not workable for just apple products? If it’s so then please let me know whether it supports the ignition for windows product. I have windows desktop and a laptop; I have also tried connecting the laptop to the desktop and guess what I successfully did it. But then the issue was that the volume control of the laptop was somehow affecting the volume of the desktop or you can say the remote computer only. There was no sound coming out of the laptop which is actually viewing the desktop system. Can anyone help me out with this issue. Don’t know why but I am having a gut feeling that somehow the issue could be sort out in this windows system.

There was no sound coming out of the laptop which is actually viewing the desktop system. Can anyone help me out with this issue. Don’t know why but I am having a gut feeling that somehow the issue could be sort out in this windows system.
    For your kind information let me tell you that if you are try to access LogMeIn for windows and if you are connecting to a LogMeIn Pro2 host computer or your desktop system the remote sound should definitely be able to be heard.

Anyways if the trick doesn’t work then you might try out this thing:
    1. Open Control Panel
    2. Sound
    3. Click the Recording tab
    4. Check out for some similar: Stereo Mix, Stereo Out, Stereo Sum, What U Hear, or loopback

And make sure that if you see Line In, Mic, or Microphone or something that is not mentioned above then unfortunately Remote Sound may not possible for you

There is certain reason for which the remote sound feature doesn’t work. Currently there no remote sound available for Pro for Mac. For the remote sound to work perfect well and fine you need to do the following things:

• Make sure that you connect to a LogMeIn Pro system
    • Install the latest version of the LogMeIn software into your system
    • Also install the latest ActiveX plug-in in the client machine
    • Also speakers should be turned on and the volume should be at high level at the receiver’s machine
    • Make sure to use IE 7 or Firefox 3.x

Thanks for the suggestions friends. i did exactly the same and found that there were not input Line which were mentioned in your list.

Now i am planning to get a new PC for myself which will be probably running windows XP instead of Vista. but i still doubt the audio setup, please help me out even in that case. as far as i remember, my old system had a Realtek HD audio. should i go for the same one or else is there anything which you would be recommending?

• Open Control Panel
    • Sound
    • Click the Recording tab
    • Check out for some similar: Stereo Mix, Stereo Out, Stereo Sum, What U Hear, or loopback
    And make sure that if you see Line In, Mic, or Microphone or something that is not mentioned above then unfortunately Remote Sound may not possible for you
    I do appreciate you suggestion and also I know that this suggestion anyhow helps out the most but for your kind information let me tell you that the above steps which you have provided is only for windows vista and windows 7 system and not for other windows OS.

Anyways coming back to the same suggestion, if you are using windows 2000 or XP you can check out the same above things by following the below steps:
    1. Connect the host system with Remote Sound “off”
    2. Right-click the LogMeIn icon, Select Open LogMeIn
    3. Go to Options
    4. Preferences
    5. Advanced
    6. Remote Sound section
    7. Check whether the Input Line is visible or not. if yes then also check that it is set to one of the following: Stereo Mix, Stereo Out, Stereo Sum, What U Hear, or loopback. If no Input Line then Remote Sound is not possible

The first thing according to me that has to be checked out is to make sure whether the LogMeIn software is properly configured. And next check out for the Input Line following the above steps. Next you need to again makes sure that sound is also properly configured in the windows host system. Another ways for input Line check:
    • Open Control Panel
    • Sounds and Audio Device Properties
    • Advanced
    • Properties on the Mixer panel
    • Select Recording devices by the radio buttons

Check all checkboxes and then check whether there is an input line or volume slider. If again you do not find any inputlines as something similar to the above ones, then Remote Sound is not possible with the current sound card.