Thread: Does BlackBerry Playbook support LogMeIn Ignition?

Does BlackBerry Playbook support LogMeIn Ignition?

Hey can anyone present over here clear my doubts. I am a blackberry user since 5 years and I really love it. Currently I am using blackberry Playbook without facing any issue.

I am a businessman and I keep on roaming around here and there, and for this reason I am never able to access my computer sitting in front of it, in fact I don’t have enough time to comfortably sit in front of it. Now what I am planning to do is to get an remote access of my system from my playbook. People say that its possible through LogMeIn Ignition but then when I researched a lot, I found that actually LogMeIn iginition does not support Blackberry at all. Is it true?

Re: Does BlackBerry Playbook support LogMeIn Ignition?

Unfortunately you are correct. LogMeIn Ignition does not support any of the models of blackberry instead they support other devices like Android, Mac and window OS. Forget about LogMein Ignition, I guess it is not at all possible to remote control the system from any of the BlackBerry device currently at this time.

Maybe if suggested or requested to LogMein, they might come up with the solution for the same in one of their future updates. You can check out the further details and information about the LogMeIn products.

Unfortunately you are correct. LogMeIn Ignition does not support any of the models of blackberry, instead they support other devices like Android, Mac and window OS. Forget about LogMein Ignition, I guess it is not at all possible to remote control the system from any of the BlackBerry device currently at this time.
    For you kind information let me also tell you that whenever I try to access Logmein.com from my BlackBerry Playbook it actually does work in it. it somehow display the remote machine or computer and also partially shows up some limited interaction and access, the only issue I face is that I find it too complicated to handle the mouse from the tablet. Anyways if the blackberry user can partially somehow access the logmin then why not its user get the full rights and access to LogMeIn software. I believe that within few short time they will be soon coming up with a logmein application for the playbook that will however control the streamline.

I personally believe that LogMeIn and Playbook are the best one at their places and I don’t want to lose either of them just because of the app not supporting the device. You know even now within my office I am using this at a personal level and right now currently I am trying to go for the enterprise level. So better logmein somehow try to get work out for Playbook within the time I decide to switch to some other app or device. And I trust logmein a lot and I am also sure that they won’t let me do anything negative, hope they will listen to all we playbook users.

I trust logmein a lot and I am also sure that they won’t let me do anything negative, hope they will listen to all we playbook users.

I too believe the same thing. This is undoubtedly one of the greatest application present in the market for any of the tech device user. Even I don’t want to shift or swap to another app just because of the compatibility issue with the Playbook. I am a Logmein user since last few year. Till now I have user logmein ignition and Hamachi and now I really wanted to see this app working on playbook.

I am sure that most of the people will agree with the fact that Playbook browser except the native keyboard works very much smoothlty like any other regular application. And I also believe that at least the logmein developers wouldn’t have to work a lot with respect to the access of the application.

I am sure that in the coming time there are going to be more and more people who are going to choose Playbook as their choice. Undoubtedly everyone knows that playbook is one of the best and professional tablets and is going to be used in many of the enterprise environment. Anyhow most of people who are into business are definitely going to go for playbook. Also another positive thing for playbook is its reduced price which however attracts most of the customers, I am one amongst them, and in fact I have managed to get one for myself without even concerning about logmein though logmein plays one of the biggest part in my daily life.

I am sure if the case is still the same surely there are going to be other more customers who will be choosing playbook if they are given an option to choose either of them.

I am sure if the case is still the same surely there are going to be other more customers who will be choosing playbook if they are given an option to choose either of them.
    Yes I do agree with you. I am going to do the same if I am given an option to choose one amongst playbook or logmein. However with a new price reduction even I have bought a playbook. And now I seriously wanted logemin to be somehow get implemented in playbook.

If logmein ignores or denies do listen to the customer and if they do not agree to develop a logmein application for playbook sure its them who are going to be in loss but losing their precious and retained customers. But if they fulfill the requirement they are going to face a huge benefit. Now it’s up to them to choose either loss or benefit.

For the all disappointed Playbook user, I have information regarding the remote system access. I think if I am not mistaken currently its only Splashtop which is one of the incredible remote desktop software present out there that has till now confirmed that the Playbook is going to support it. Feels good by knowing that at least there is someone who wants to support for playbook.

Lets wait and watch for future progress of playbook. But till then I will have to continue using my laptop whenever I will have to access my desktop, anyways that’s not an issue for me. I won’t be leaving playbook for any cause.

I guess there is a product present in the app world market called Remote Desktop for BlackBerry Playbook which is currently being highly rated. You can go for it but I guess it doesn’t work with the Home version of windows. However logmein is not going to listen to the playbook user so better go for the one suggested. Otherwise use splashtop as already been suggested above. Even splashtop is available in the app market that actually works with all the versions of windows and also it gives nice experience with playbook. Try it out.