Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Device Manager showing High Definition Audio Device drivers

Windows Software

Old 13-03-2012

Device Manager showing High Definition Audio Device drivers

today when I was looking on the device manager I saw 4 High Definition Audio Device drivers from Microsoft with the Asus Xonar DG driver at the top in the sounds , is that okay. I guess that drives are left form the NVIDIA drivers that I mistakenly had the high definition audio drivers installed. But I have already removed it so why this showing , well I will remove it but I need to know does anyone here know that as I have disabled it and donít use it which has no impact on my system so I was thinking what is this drives do on pc . they all shows as the High Definition Audio Driver on the property tab . what is this please anyone know about this like to share any thing on this I will be really appreciating this

thanks in advance

Old 13-03-2012

Re: Device Manager showing High Definition Audio Device drivers

Hi I have somewhat same issue on my pc , donít know how did I got this diver on my system and I am afraid if I remove it will it going to have any issue on the pc please guys I need help on this , I will be really glad to know this

Thanks
Old 13-03-2012

Cant say anything about the drive but I like to suggest that you should create the system restore point before you will remove the drivers. And if they have to it will be automatically reinstall themselves on the reboot anyways. Maybe those drive needed or spare drivers from a earlier install
Old 13-03-2012

Well I am pretty sure that this drive will not hurting the operation of my Asus sound card. I think they are left from the Nvidia HD audio driver that I have installed the by mistake when installing a fresh VGA driver. I thing Microsoft have placed it to fill the 4 spaces left on the nvidia drivers while I uninstalled from control panel.

Again thanks for the reply

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,