Thread: Write speed changes to faster than the one set in ImgBurn

Write speed changes to faster than the one set in ImgBurn

I have been trying to burn an .iso onto a dual layer dvd and the problem is that even though when I am setting it to lower speed then it is automatically getting changes to 4x. In my case I am willing to reduce the burning speed as some part of the movie is laggy. I have checked out the log and even after setting the speed to 1x I have found the following:
    Write Speed Miscompare! - Wanted 1,385 KB/s (1x), Got: 5540 KB/s (4x)
    Can anyone help me out with this??

Re: Write speed changes to faster than the one set in ImgBurn

I have been trying to burn an .iso onto a dual layer dvd and the problem is that even though when I am setting it to lower speed then it is automatically getting changes to 4x. In my case I am willing to reduce the burning speed as some part of the movie is laggy. I have checked out the log and even after setting the speed to 1x I have found the following:
    Write Speed Miscompare! - Wanted 1,385 KB/s (1x), Got: 5540 KB/s (4x)
    Can anyone help me out with this??
    Before I suggest you something about this I just want you to attach the log here, so that I can go through the same and find out the possible cause of the issue and try to help you out with it. Just copy the file in notepad and then attach it here for further help.

I have attached the log below just check out the same and see if you are able to help me out.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have checked out the same:
    I 16:31:24 Destination Device: [3:0:0] TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S203N SB00 (K : ) (ATA)
    I 16:31:24 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RICOHJPN-D01-67) (Speeds: 4x, 6x, 8x)

Here the bits that are underlined are the speeds your drive/firmware support and the Supported write speed is basically displayed in the disc info panel which is there in the right while the disc remains in the drive, I don’t think that there might be an option for 1x as 2.4x is the lowest speed that is supported by the DVD+, You should better try updating the firmware on your drive to SB02 from the firmwarehq site and see if it is helping, just try out the same and then post back the result that you get.

Thanks for the above information I was not aware of the same, now I have updated the firmware and when I am trying to burn it with 2x then it is again burning the disc at 4x, I am really running out of ideas now is there anything that I can try out or I will have to stay with 4x only. What do you think might be the possible cause of the issue now, any further help for the same will be highly appreciated?