Thread: Burnt CD-R using ImgBurn is appearing blank

Burnt CD-R using ImgBurn is appearing blank

I have been using for burning disks and everything was working fine by now but then I don’t know what went wrong with it suddenly and now when I am burning any CD-R from a directory then things appear to be ok but then when I open the same in Windows explorer then it appears blank. Is there anything that I can do about it??

Re: Burnt CD-R using ImgBurn is appearing blank

I have been using for burning disks and everything was working fine by now but then I don’t know what went wrong with it suddenly and now when I am burning any CD-R from a directory then things appear to be ok but then when I open the same in Windows explorer then it appears blank. Is there anything that I can do about it??
    Before I suggest you something about the same just attach the log for the original burn so I can go through the same and find out the actual cause of this issue, other than this also let me know the solution that you have tried so far, so that I don’t suggest you the same as it will be a waste of time. Just attach the log in a notepad file for further help.

I have tried out a solution from the web for finalizing the disk by going in to Tools/Drive/Close/Disc option as it was suggested to me in other forum but then the same did not helped and I got the same response again. I have attached the log below just check out the same and see if you can help me out. I also wanted to share that I had chosen ISO9660 + Joliet options and "5x" for the write speed.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I just wanted to know the version of the ImgBurn you are using?? If it is not the latest version then get the latest one and then see if it is making any difference, I have checked out for the same and I have found one mentioning that he had the same problem and rebooting the system and then restarting the Windows explorer had brought up the disk contents. I am not very sure about the same but then you can at least give it a try and find it out. If that does not help, then try using latest version of the ImgBurn. Just try out these possible solutions and post back the result that you get. Best of luck.

I have tried out the same and yes even I have got the disk contents after rebooting and restarting Windows explorer, anyways I just wanted to know an answer for the following question still:
    • Why was the disk appearing blank after performing removals and insertion’s?
    • Is there an option for finalizing disk in ImgBurn for burning CD media?
    • There are two other options in tools/Drive/Close menu, what are they for?

Any further help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Even I need some help regarding the same, I have been using ImgBurn version 2.5.5.0 for burning Ubuntu images with the help of 700M CD-R media as the images are big but then I am not able to see the content on the disk unless I reboot the system. I thought that this might be a drive firmware issue, so now I have upgraded the firmware to 4S09 and after that when I tried burning another disk then I got the same response. Just wanted to know if there is an effective solution for the same or I will have to keep rebooting the system after burning disc????

I think that the operating system might be messing up, anyways I just wanted to know that are you having have autorun/play/insert enabled if not then enable the same and see if it is making any difference or not. Other than this instead of rebooting the system you can better close the ImgBurn and eject the disc and then refresh my computer and then insert the disc and then again refresh my computer and see if you are getting content on the disc or not. Just try out these solutions and see which one is helping you out.

I have tried out the solution that you have mentioned in the other half but then it was not making any difference, I had not tried out the enabling the autorun/play/insert as it was appearing to be dangerous before but then now after trying out burning another CD-ROM with "Auto insert notification" enabled then the disk was appearing correctly in Windows Explorer. I think that enabling "Auto insert notification" is the correct solution for this.