Thread: Unable to boot Ubunto 10.10 on windows 7.

Unable to boot Ubunto 10.10 on windows 7.

Hi guys, I have recently installed the windows XP in my PC. Actually I burned the Ubunto with the help of Imgburn. I burned the Ubunto on CD-R. I have said that I installed the XP one day I decided to move on windows 7 and then I formatted the PC and then installed the windows 7. The I saw the Ubuto OS on the Internet. Then I downloaded the Ubunto 10.10. Then decided to install the Ubunto I made this CD with the help of Imgburn whenever I started to install then I got the Error (initramfs) mount: mounting /dev/loop0 on //filesystem.squashfs failed: Input/output error cannot mount /dev/loop0 (/cdrom/casper/filesystem.squash.fs. I don’t what is this? Can anyone tell me how to solve this issue?

Re: Unable to boot Ubunto 10.10 on windows 7.

Here I have gone through your entire query. Here I would suggest you that re-download the .ISO file from the Internet. I just wanted to remind you that it is not common to get the bad ISO. So therefore here I would suggest you that check the MD5sum, tutorial would be there and second thing I would suggest you burn the Disc at slowest speed here please make sure that during the burning reduce the risk of burning error. I hope this will help you.

Here yes I am completely satisfied with your points. If you don’t know how to check the md5sum, I can give the link so that you can easily find the solution. After this if this hashes match, then I would suggest you that try to burn again and if burning process is not going on here I will recommend you to re-download.

Here I can say that there may be chances of that problem in your CD/DVD drive. Sometimes CD are exists in good format but the because of drive they don’t start the process. Whenever you boot in different computer it will work good. Here I will say that CD/DVD might be bad. Here I would suggest you that replace the CD/DVD then it will work.