Thread: Not able to backup Seinfeld season 4 Disc using AnyDVD

Not able to backup Seinfeld season 4 Disc using AnyDVD

I am using CloneDVD2 v2.9.2.8 + anydvd 6.7.6.0 and i have been trying to backup Seinfeld season 4 Disc (DVD to iso file) but then I don’t know why the process is getting failed when it is repairing the dvd structure. I have also tried ripping with anydvd rip to image but then it did not helped as well and I got the same response, is there anything that I can try out to solve this issue???

Re: Not able to backup Seinfeld season 4 Disc using AnyDVD

I am using CloneDVD2 v2.9.2.8 + anydvd 6.7.6.0 and i have been trying to backup Seinfeld season 4 Disc (DVD to iso file) but then I don’t know why the process is getting failed when it is repairing the dvd structure. I have also tried ripping with anydvd rip to image but then it did not helped as well and I got the same response, is there anything that I can try out to solve this issue???
    In that case I just want you to check out the AnyDVD log and see if you are able to find out anything to be suspicious there, if you do then just post it here so I can check out the same and help you with the possible workaround for the same, just check it out and then post back what you get for further help.

Hey thanks for that, I have checked out the same and I have found that the drive region is not appearing to be set:
    Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.7.6.0)
    TSSTCORP CDDVDW SE-S084C TU00 TU
    Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Current profile: DVD-ROM
    Media is a DVD.
    Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (parallel)
    Is there anything I can do about the same???

Just perform the solution that has been mentioned below:
    • First just Right click on the fox icon in the system tray and then Exit AnyDVD
    • after that Right-click on any hard drive or the optical drive and then select “Properties”.
    • Now in the properties window just Click on the “Hardware” tab and then check if the optical drive is displayed there. If yes then check out the “Properties” of the optical drive and then Click on the “DVD Region” tab and then make sure that you are selecting the region in which you are.
    • When you are done with the above changes then start the AnyDVD again and see if it is making any difference.

I have tried following the solution that has been mentioned above but then it is not making any difference and the issue is still the same, is there any other thing that I can try out to solve this issue, any further help for the same will be highly appreciated.

If you want then you can try out this solution and see if it is helping:
    • Take of the disc and then go in to the AnyDVD settings and make sure that you are setting the AI scanner to "always enabled"
    • After that insert the disc again and then start the CloneDVD and try create your backup
    • Now the CloneDVD should repair the disc structure without any issues, if you get any error message saying defective block header then just ignore it and proceed.
    • When you are done revert AnyDVD to default settings.

Just try out the same and then post back the result that you get.