Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Audacity V1.3.4-beta PDF Manual to download

Windows Software

Old 12-03-2012

Audacity V1.3.4-beta PDF Manual to download

Right now I am looking for a PDF Manual for Audacity 1.3.4-beta. Before hand I was using the Audacity 1.2.6 -. Now recently upgraded to this new Beta version. But I couldnít able to download the PDF manual, it always says time-out. I donít have any problem with other downloads. My system specs are as follows:
  • ZyXEL router IAD P2602
  • Intel Pentium4 3GHz,
  • 2GB RAM,
  • 400 GB HDD
  • Windows XP Home
  • IE 7.0.5730.13IC

Old 12-03-2012

Re: Audacity V1.3.4-beta PDF Manual to download

As far as I know that you will see a web link in Audacity. When you click on it, it will open the pdf in your web browser. Then you can easily save it in your computer. If that link does not work. If the direct link does not work, copy the link path and directly try to open in some other browser if the IE cannot able to open it. If the manuals are previously available in Audacity, then you will not get a separate PDF manual for download.
Old 12-03-2012

I think that there is a built-in Manual at Help > Manual (opens in web browser). You will not need internet connection for that because it is already saved in your computer. The file might be an HTML and for that reason it will open in default web browser. Only thing is, you cannot print that manual as whole or neither you can save it as a separate file but you can print as single page by the use of browser's print function. Otherwise you should directly go into the installation folder and see in "Help" folder for the manuals.
Old 12-03-2012

The manual might be already available for Audacity when you have installed but the system may not be able to open it. If the manual is in PDF format and you donít have any pdf reader installed in your computer then there is no way the system can open those manuals. Install adobe/acrobat reader and then see.
Old 12-03-2012

Audacity 1.3.8 Beta is here. The Open Source wave editor for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux / Unix can come up in the new beta version with some notable improvements, including better performance in multi-track projects and a new mixer with level meters for each track. There is no pdf manual for download. You can get only online manual for reading purpose.
Old 12-03-2012

I donít think that you will have Audacity help files on your machine. You can download the help files and then access them from Audacity as you have just attempted. I cannot find any help file in Audacity 1.3.4-beta. On the download page I can find some sort of HTML and PDF formats, but nowhere is described as one I can install it so that I can read it in Audacity. I have to rewrite the other language help anyway, because new effects have been added among other things and also some other things have changed in such settings.

The real question is: how do I have to change or reformat the help, so I re-install the Audacity Help menu and read?
Old 12-03-2012

I've just uploaded an HTML zip package of help for Audacity 1.3.x beta. I tested with Audacity 1.3.4-beta on Windows XP - the location for the Audacity help is:
C :/ Documents and Settings / <user / Application Data / Audacity / help / index.htm
Just unzip the zip package to 'C :/ Documents and Settings / <user / Application Data / Audacity / help /' and if you then the Audacity Help menu, select 'Content' is set in the system starts the HTML browser with the help of Audacity .

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , , ,