Thread: Is Slysoft capable of removing DRM or encryption from WTV file format?

Is Slysoft capable of removing DRM or encryption from WTV file format?

I just wanted to know that is Slysoft capable of removing DRM or encryption from Windows Media Center recorded TV files which stays in the WTV file format? I have been asking our for the same but then I have not yet found an straight forward answer for it, is there anyone who has an idea about it or knows an alternate product to remove DRM from the WTV file?

Re: Is Slysoft capable of removing DRM or encryption from WTV file format?

I just wanted to know that is Slysoft capable of removing DRM or encryption from Windows Media Center recorded TV files which stays in the WTV file format? I have been asking our for the same but then I have not yet found an straight forward answer for it, is there anyone who has an idea about it or knows an alternate product to remove DRM from the WTV file?
    I don’t think that the Slysoft is looking after removing the DRM from the Windows Media Center recorded TV files that stays in the WTV format, anyways as far as an alternate is concerned I have found that there is a hardware called “HDHomeRun Prime “that has been released by a company called Silicon Dust for recording TV that might be digitally encrypted, it is said that the resulting recorded files will only work on the machines that has recorded them and not on others. Just check out for the same and see if you like it or not.

That seems to be nice but then I just wanted to know that are you aware of the price of the product??? I mean that will it be worth as of Slysoft? I really hate all forms of DRM and copy protections as they just limit rights of the consumer.

Yes I am aware of the product that you are talking about, I will like to add that I have been using HDHomerun Prime from 3 months and I don’t think that it can be fairly an alternate, I mean that if my machine crashes then I will be losing all the recordings. I have contacted the SlySoft tech support people and have spent hours of conversation with them but then I don’t think that they will be soon coming up with a product which will be capable of removing DRM or encryption from WTV file format, I am not very sure but then there are possibilities that they might be changing their mind in the future as a n of people have addressed them the need for it. Any ways for now I have been using TuneBite in order to record and capture anything that is played in WMC window, I know that even this one is not idea but then I don’t think that there is any other option for now.

As far as I am aware most of the unencrypted television recordings on computers are actually done using component video capture and here I think that a HDMI to HD component converter like the HDFury might be useful for capturing high definition content. I think that one can definitely give it a try and check it out.

I am aware of the same and in my case my video card is having that component so I don’t have issues in recording it in a WTV and play it as well, I can also capture the same using Hauppauge Colossus on the same computer as well but then I was willing to get it done digitally, I am just waiting for such devices to hit the market as soon as possible, I am really wishing that SlySoft comes up with something like this in the coming next two months. I have also downloaded a trial of videoredo thinking that it will be helping me out in changing the but then it is just not opening the file as it is encrypted, anyways I just wanted to know if anyone has tried out H.264 version??? And does it helps??.

I am dealing with the same, I don’t think that VideoReDo H.264 is capable of handling encrypted WTV files. I have tried to use it and all I have got is a lot of green with a thin line of purty pixels, the encryption appears to be just very annoying but then it handles the unencrypted WTS without any such issues. In my case I record from the Comcast with an InfiniTV4 and here only the basic networks are not encrypted where as all the HiDef channels are encrypted. I have tried using Tunebite as well but then even it is not capable of handling encrypted WTS as well.