Thread: While opening Imgburn error occurs with SPTD driver.

While opening Imgburn error occurs with SPTD driver.

Once I have installed alcohol 120% software. I wanted to remove that software. I used Revo’s advance option to remove it. Then after when I try to open imgburn a warning come i.e. "SPTD can have a detrimental effect on drive performance." I even tried burning an .iso file using burnaware software but no joy. For un installing the driver application I have downloaded "SPTDinst-v178-x86“ but window defines that it is not valid, please help?

Re: While opening Imgburn error occurs with SPTD driver.

The problem is of your driver. There may be some outdated driver in your system because of that it may be causing a problem. Driver also causes BSODS (blue screen of depth). For this problem you can use driver scanner.
    this is the link http://driverscanner.en.softonic.com/ . It will show you that if you have outdated drivers in your system.

If you want to uninstall the driver? You can download driver magician through this link http://driver-magician.en.softonic.com/

Then follow these steps:
    1) First click on tools on the menu bar.
    2) Then select uninstall drivers.
    3) There will be a window appearing i.e. Uninstall Drivers'
    4) In the list box then select device driver.
    5) Then there will be uninstall button, click it.

The same problem occurred to me after I download this application (Alcohol120 and Daemon Tools)
    When I run the antivirus scan it came up with virus but not the vital one. After scanning my PC through the antivirus. It show some virus in my Alcohol 120%. the antivirus has to be updated. While mine was updated so it deleted the virus and the problem was over.

See it may be malware. Some of the malware show themselves as sptd.sys. See the directory if you find sptd.sys file in c:\windows\ system32 folder these directory it will be malware itself. Just check using Security Task Manager that is there any pest in your PC.

The problem is with SPTD. The only solution is to get rid of sptd.sys. it will be present inside windows/system32/drivers/. After you have removed the file from this directory .After Remove every reference to the SPTD file also that you will see. Change the privilege if necessary. The problem will be solved unless it wouldn’t be a virus.