Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to remove or uninstall Windows Photo viewer?

Windows Software

Old 11-03-2012

How to remove or uninstall Windows Photo viewer?

Well I am literally fed up with this program. After my last update all the pictures open up with this windows photo viewer and I donít want to view in them. So I am thinking to remove it as soon as possible. So thatís what I want. I did ask some of my friends about it but they did not have any idea about it. so any idea on how to remove this program then do tell me about it. I am waiting for your response.

Old 11-03-2012

Re: How to remove or uninstall Windows Photo viewer?

All you have to do is right click on an image file. Select open with and then select the viewer that you want. Select that viewer and set it as the default one. Thatís what you should be doing. That is one method that you can give a try for sure.
Old 11-03-2012

cool Re: How to remove or uninstall Windows Photo viewer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash^Bi View Post
Well I am literally fed up with this program. After my last update all the pictures open up with this windows photo viewer and I donít want to view in them. So I am thinking to remove it as soon as possible. So thatís what I want. I did ask some of my friends about it but they did not have any idea about it. so any idea on how to remove this program then do tell me about it. I am waiting for your response.
Hi search for the file called PhotoViewer.dll. you can delete that file with the help of a software named as unlocker. Having done that you can associate the files with the different image viewer software, thatís what you can do.
Old 11-03-2012

Have you heard of Irfanview. If you know how to use it then you can set all the image extensions to whichever you want. So the question of windows image viewer coming into the action will not be possible at all. Thatís what I am saying. So this is one more method by which you can get rid of the windows image viewer for viewing the photos. I hope thatís clear for you. Thatís it from my side for you all.
Old 11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bontu View Post
Hi search for the file called PhotoViewer.dll. you can delete that file with the help of a software named as unlocker. Having done that you can associate the files with the different image viewer software, thatís what you can do.
On checking in the windows viewer folder I found out that there are lots of dll files of windows image viewer. So I m just not understanding which one to delete.
Old 11-03-2012

You should not worry or get confused about that, just delete the one that you can find in the program folder thatís enough. I donít think so there is any need of deleting the other lot of them. Thatís what I want to say here.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,