Thread: How to remove or uninstall Windows Photo viewer?

How to remove or uninstall Windows Photo viewer?

Well I am literally fed up with this program. After my last update all the pictures open up with this windows photo viewer and I don’t want to view in them. So I am thinking to remove it as soon as possible. So that’s what I want. I did ask some of my friends about it but they did not have any idea about it. so any idea on how to remove this program then do tell me about it. I am waiting for your response.

Re: How to remove or uninstall Windows Photo viewer?

All you have to do is right click on an image file. Select open with and then select the viewer that you want. Select that viewer and set it as the default one. That’s what you should be doing. That is one method that you can give a try for sure.

cool Re: How to remove or uninstall Windows Photo viewer?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash^Bi View Post
    Well I am literally fed up with this program. After my last update all the pictures open up with this windows photo viewer and I don’t want to view in them. So I am thinking to remove it as soon as possible. So that’s what I want. I did ask some of my friends about it but they did not have any idea about it. so any idea on how to remove this program then do tell me about it. I am waiting for your response.
    Hi search for the file called PhotoViewer.dll. you can delete that file with the help of a software named as unlocker. Having done that you can associate the files with the different image viewer software, that’s what you can do.

Have you heard of Irfanview. If you know how to use it then you can set all the image extensions to whichever you want. So the question of windows image viewer coming into the action will not be possible at all. That’s what I am saying. So this is one more method by which you can get rid of the windows image viewer for viewing the photos. I hope that’s clear for you. That’s it from my side for you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bontu View Post
    Hi search for the file called PhotoViewer.dll. you can delete that file with the help of a software named as unlocker. Having done that you can associate the files with the different image viewer software, that’s what you can do.
    On checking in the windows viewer folder I found out that there are lots of dll files of windows image viewer. So I m just not understanding which one to delete.

You should not worry or get confused about that, just delete the one that you can find in the program folder that’s enough. I don’t think so there is any need of deleting the other lot of them. That’s what I want to say here.