Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2012

Can i convert Region 2 PAL to Region 1 (0) NTSC using AnyDVD

I live in us and I am willing to get a DVD from uk and as it will be protected for Region 2 PAL I won?t be able to use it without converting the same. I have tried using DVD shrink with the AnyDVD but then I get a message saying that it will be removing region coding after selecting appropriate region from the list but then I will have to use DVD Shrink to shrink the movie, so I just wanted to know is there any other option than this??
Old 11-03-2012

Re: Can i convert Region 2 PAL to Region 1 (0) NTSC using AnyDVD

Quote:
I live in us and I am willing to get a DVD from uk and as it will be protected for Region 2 PAL I won?t be able to use it without converting the same. I have tried using DVD shrink with the AnyDVD but then I get a message saying that it will be removing region coding after selecting appropriate region from the list but then I will have to use DVD Shrink to shrink the movie, so I just wanted to know is there any other option than this??
As far as I am aware AnyDVD is not capable of converting PAL to NTSC, for more information better check out the FAQs.
Old 11-03-2012

I have checked it out and it is appearing to be quite confusing, I mean that in the first paragraph it says the below:
"Backups produced by using Anydvd to decrypt will be region-free."
After that in the next paragraph it says the below thing:
"However, Anydvd does not convert PAL to NTSC video format nor vice versa."
What do you have to say about the same??
Old 11-03-2012

I don?t think that there is any confusion as such, AnyDVD is capable of removing the region coding but then it does not convert the Video format from Region 1 (0) NTSC using AnyDVD as you have mentioned in your thread title. If you want to convert the resulting ripped disc in to NTSC then you can use some third-party software for the same, Hope that helps.
Old 11-03-2012

Ok, thanks for clearing the confusion. You have mentioned that there are some third party software that can be used to convert Region 2 PAL to Region 1 (0) NTSC, can you just recommend me so that I can check them out?? Any further help for the same will be highly appreciated.
Old 12-03-2012

As far as recommendation is concerned you can check out the below ones:
  • Nero Vision from the Nero Burning ROM suite of tools
  • ConvertXtoDVD
These are capable of converting from PAL to NTSC and vice versa but then I will like to add that conversion of one format to the other won?t be easy with these and it take a lot of time as well. Other than these I also wanted to add that if it is just about the conversion and not about the region code then you can use the Oppo players as well, they are capable of playing ntsc and pal format?s.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , , ,