Thread: Inaccuracy in Click Track of Audacity.

Inaccuracy in Click Track of Audacity.

Whenever I am using the click track to edit the audio I find that it does not label the silent spaces properly. Whenever I try to mark a silent space with label, I place it on the beginning of the space, but once I zoom out and start to work on different area then the previous label loses the position and will be seen many places ahead or behind the original place I positioned. Why is Audacity behaving so inconsistently? Can someone help me?

Re: Inaccuracy in Click Track of Audacity.

Audacity is such kind of software that providing time line with regular tabs like hh:mm:ss are not possible. Dividing the timeline in bars and beats is also not practical. So to fulfill this need, the function of labeling on click track is provided. These levels automatically snap at the programmed points where it detects absence or sudden presence of audio. So if you are facing problems due to inconsistency of click track, there is no alternative in default mode of Audacity.

I too agree that the basic feature of click track is inconsistent. From what I have noticed, that it sometimes it also generates naming mistakes. In my case, many times the word ‘beats’ is spelled as ‘peats’. The use of function speed up & speed down also faces the problem of inconsistency. The number specified for manipulation of speed is many times moved up or down in Audacity.

I too noticed such inconsistency. I was using a voice sample of 8000 Hz. I found an error when I tried using double positives. Audacity showed it as Single Positive. I tried adjusting the fractional BPM in tempo field.

One of the problem I spotted with the Click track is that when I choose setting ‘Bars (only)’, the labels will not display the text. To avoid this I had to manually put labels on bar. This way I combined Click Track labels and BPM labels to help me select the individual beats. It helped me define offset as default labels start at origin.