Thread: Getting "Invalid address for write-I/O device error" while burning movies on dvd+r blanks

Getting "Invalid address for write-I/O device error" while burning movies on dvd+r blanks

I have been trying to burn movies on dvd+r blanks using ImgBurn but then I am getting “Invalid address for write-I/O device error” by now I have tried using multiple discs of multiple brands and that too at slow speed but then it is not making any difference, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out with this????

re: Getting "Invalid address for write-I/O device error" while burning movies on dvd+r blanks

I have been trying to burn movies on dvd+r blanks using ImgBurn but then I am getting “Invalid address for write-I/O device error” by now I have tried using multiple discs of multiple brands and that too at slow speed but then it is not making any difference, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out with this????
    Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted you to post the system log so I can just go through the same and find out if anything is suspicious for the issue you are facing, just attach the log in a notepad file for further help.

re: Getting "Invalid address for write-I/O device error" while burning movies on dvd+r blanks

I have attached the log below, just check out the same and see if you are able to track out the cause of this issue:
    Attached Files Attached Files

I will suggest you to better check out the latest firmware available for your device at the firmwarehq site. Just check out the same and see if it is helping other than this makes sure that you are trying out all the available speeds as well just to check if they are helping. Other than this I also wanted to know that which is the controller that you have attached to you drive??? I have gone through the log and I have found that there are 'Potential Bogus Driver Error Detected!' and it seems that they are general system/controller/driver issue. Anyways just check out firmware from the firmwarehq site and see if the issue is getting over.

I will suggest you to right click on the drive selection drop down box and after that select the 'Family Tree and then just close the prompt which will come up and after that just copy the family tree info from the log window and then post it here for further help.

Re: Getting "Invalid address for write-I/O device error" while burning movies on dvd+r blanks

This is what I have got:
    I 1 3 :3 4:50 Family Tree:
    I 1 3 :3 4:50 -> ACPI x64-based PC
    I 1 3 :3 4:50 -> Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System
    I 1 3 :3 4:50 -> PCI bus
    I 1 3 :3 4:50 -> Intel 5520/5500/X58 I/O Hub PCI Express Root Port 1 - 3408 (VEN_8086&DEV_3408 - Intel)
    I 1 3 :3 4:50 -> Marvell 91xx SATA 6G Controller (VEN_1B4B&DEV_91A3 - Marvell)
    I 1 3 :3 4:50 -> CD-ROM Drive (ATAPI iHAS224 B SCSI CdRom Device) (Bus Number 0, Target ID 0, LUN 0)