Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012

Removing data from Microsoft Excel 2003 by setting criteria

I am a warehouse manager and I need to keep records of stock available and stock that has to be cleared. I use Microsoft Excel 2003 to maintain the records. I am creating a new sheet for clearance of goods in warehouse. My question is about creating columns where once a specific field is detected with value as 0, it will automatically delete itself. Can anybody tell me a way to do it?
Old 10-03-2012

Re: Removing data from Microsoft Excel 2003 by setting criteria

In the Tools menu, click on Options and then on View tab. Now you will get option to take action when 0 is detected. First option will be to mark the column which has zero and other one to clear the fields when 0 is detected. You can choose according o your comfort. Another method is to hide the column with zero in it manually. To do it, select the fields that you want to hide. Now in Format tab, click on Numbers tab. In the category, click on Custom and type in ?0;-0;;@?.
Old 10-03-2012

The method that you are asking is called conditional formatting. You can give certain condition for a specific action or event to take place. To do it, follow the following steps,
1) Select the cell containing 0 and click on format.
2) Get in to conditional formatting.
3) On left side, you will find a box saying, ?Cell value is?. Insert 0 here.
4) In the box next to it, click on Equal to.
5) Click on Format and give Color as ?White?.
Old 10-03-2012

If you are using PivotTables report then again you can do this in different manner. On PivotTable toolbar, click on PivotTable and there you will find Table Options. In table option, change error display. For error value, mark the checkbox under Format options. There type the value you want to replace the error. Then describe error as 0.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,