Thread: Nero 9 "Add" function changes track position before burning

Nero 9 "Add" function changes track position before burning

My Windows XP pc installed with Nero 9. Recently upgraded to Windows 7 64 bit but didn’t change the Nero version. Now the problem is, if I add more than one track using "add" button before burning audio CD, the last track always positioned first. If I select 2 tracks, the second track become 1 position. Same way if I add 4 tracks, the 4th track goes up to the 1 track position. If select all tracks at a time, then the tracks stay in the correct order. I don’t have any problem with Burning. Any solution for this Add Function?

Re: Nero 9 "Add" function changes track position before burning

I think that you should concern the Nero Tech support. It obviously seems like a bug but I am not sure about this. Since it is an older version, it could be a compatibility issue with Windows 7 64bit. Whilst you are using the latest Windows OS, then why don’t you go for the latest version of Nero now? The Nero 11 offers good package which contain all necessary tools along with Burning ROM.

I do not own this version of Nero, but can be seen to use the 32bit compatibility on all of your burning software. IF you can, to record them in the order you want just to "stir them with each other". Then you can click and drag and stop wherever you want. It is also possible that the files can be added if a dedicated plug-in is installed. "

I think that it completely depends on how you add the tracks to your project. For example, you need to add 19 tracks, you marked all tracks and drag-and-drop them into the "My AudioCD" screen. If there is any file along with tracks, it will become the first the track in the "My AudioCD" screen. However if you want to get the original sequence, you can sue the "Add" button. But you can arrange them as you like but there is no guarantee that Nero will write them in the same order.

As far as I know that till the tag information is correct and track tags are in the correct order, then CD will burn with proper manner and play correct in cd player. Otherwise you will need to manually rename the audio files or tracks to keep them in order, if you don’t want Nero loads the track list.

The principle is simple: when you open the Nero audio CD Windows, you will see Audio Window to right. There are files from your HDD (which you can burn) and left are in the order of reading the pieces to be played on your audio CD. Then do a drag and drop all the audio files you want on your CD. You can also place it in Windows Explorer if you're not familiar with that of Nero, and then drag the audio files on the window of Nero in the taskbar (and then left in the playlist), they will added automatically. Once your audio files added to the list, for each song you can edit its properties (title, volume, fade).

What version of Nero you are using right now? Is it the Standard version or the Platinum version? There should be an option to order the tracks according to your criteria. It may not available in standard version but you can see in Platinum version.

In my opinion, the cause of your problem is Nero. Because contrary to what you believe, you have indeed installed a whole bunch of extra codecs, specifically, Nero did without your knowing, taking place at the same time features of audio and video decoding WMP / WMC. This is also why I always recommend the installation of Nero Lite instead Nero, to prevent this from happening. Nero should be limited to its original role, which is the optical media; its multimedia features are of more concern than anything else.

The only solution I can offer you is a workaround by installing the CCCP filter pack.