Thread: How to get Nero 11 side-by-side with Nero 9

How to get Nero 11 side-by-side with Nero 9

I have seen that Nero 9 is not compatible to open a few project files that get converted to Nero 11. Is it possible to get the two products same time. I want to get the Nero 9 if something not working on Nero 11 but still do not want to get rid of v11. If I install both products, I think they will share same "c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Nero" but the Nero 11 might put something which could break v9. I have not tried it, just assuming now.

Re: How to get Nero 11 side-by-side with Nero 9

In my case I have installed the Nero V9 (ShowTime), V10 (Vision-Recode-SmartStart/there is nothing similar in V11) and V11. All of them on a single computer which is running Windows 7 home premium 64 bit and everything work fine. But still there is slight drawback. Whenever I make a double click on the NVC file, the running program is always Vision and not Video. Even I did the project in Nero 11. But I can manage this issue.

I have a good solution for you issue. You should not install BackItUp V11, till you completely wanna remove V9. There should be 2 backup jobs. This will create problem with the side-by-side presence. The video works great on both. I don’t say anything about WaveEditor and SoundTra now since it all depends on the usage and needs. But there is no guarantee about 100% working condition.

As far as I know that you can install it but then if you get any problem, you can check it with the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe). This tool will help you to determine which file is causing the issue and you can then easily replace that file. The sfc /scannow command scans each and every one protected system files and replaces faulty versions with proper Microsoft versions.

If you cannot get to work side by side with both versions of Nero, then the problem is probably due to the faulty C++ Redistributable package on the system. For that either you need to install patch for your system or reinstall the C++ directly on the system. If still you are not able to get it work, remove each and every one C++ installation and Nero 9 / Nero 11, restart the system and run again the Nero 9 / Nero 10.

Again and again, PC users encounter error message that a program could not start because the "side-by-side configuration" flawed. Often, in this context the term "winsxs" mentioned. The error occurs when installed burning program Nero Multimedia Suite 10 among other things and various security software packages. They can appear suddenly, even after installing Windows updates. In such cases almost always helps to re-install. Try uninstalling the software and any prior versions triggering message. Then install the free Microsoft-provided program-execution environment, Visual C + + 2010 Redistributable. These are available in different versions for both 32-bit systems ("x86") and for 64-bit operating systems ("x64"). Only then you install the software.