Thread: Is .md5 or .dvd file god for me or not in AnyDVD

Is .md5 or .dvd file god for me or not in AnyDVD

I am an intermediate user and don’t have any idea regarding it. But as I am interested in ripping my dvd's to my hard drive for a short time and for all time just delete the .dvd file. But however I am not getting the .md5 file What is he function and how does it perform. Is it ok to have a deletion of it?I have all these dvds ripped onto my hard drive as back ups in addition to intermittently burn a disc from those backups. So can you suggest me in this case as I am searching for this answer and not able to get it.

re: Is .md5 or .dvd file god for me or not in AnyDVD

I have been ripping for a large number of times I want o know what program you are ripping with. I never came up before such program earlier as I never noticed and .MD5 or a .DVD file. As I have made some attempts I've done several AnyDVD rips but never came across this situation.

If you are not knowing regarding the.MD5 , I will let you know that its a checksum file. If you don't recognize what its regarding or else what its for then you certain don't require it. And to tell in advance it’s safe to have a deletion. in brief an md5 is a confirmation hash to make certain the file has the size its supposed to have or else it is not in any ways corrupted. Also it is well confirmed by most of the people that Is it truly safe to delete the .dvd file.

There are some dis-advantages of making use of the previous method as If you tend for making some copy of your dual layer DVDs to an ISO file it will tend to be best to NOT delete the .dvd file. The reason behind is clear but obvious that it contains layer break information for burning programs like Imgburn. To tell regarding this one, If you tend to copy your DVDs to file/folder, then it will be sure and safe to delete since any good burning program is able to recreate the layer break from the file/folder layout. And regarding the Imgburn, it will inquire you where to put the layer break.

Thanks for replies, but I have some doubt which I want to make it clear that when I tend to copy the movie to my hard drive I am making a selection of the ISO/UDF image as the output method. morever I don't make use of imgburn, as I make use of the "WRITE EXISTING DATA" button on CloneDVD so that we are able to make a dvd. So as I wanted to know whether it will be ok to delete the .dvd file or not?

Thanks for replies, but I have some doubt which I want to make it clear that when I tend to copy the movie to my hard drive I am making a selection of the ISO/UDF image as the output method. morever I don't make use of imgburn, as I make use of the "WRITE EXISTING DATA" button on CloneDVD so that we are able to make a dvd. So as I wanted to know whether it will be ok to delete the .dvd file or not?
    I need to say in this situation that you need to keep the .dvd file so CloneDVD is able to recognize where the layer break was on the original disc so it will tend to burns the layer break properly.

Re: Is .md5 or .dvd file god for me or not in AnyDVD

For the movie which you have deleted the file. By making use of the Imgburn , it wil tend to be a good choice it will give you alternative where to place it. It also permit to select dissimilar one and have a legend which explain where it is gone be outstanding, very superior and so on.