Thread: Audacity 1.3.14 is not able to open libmp3lame.dylib

Audacity 1.3.14 is not able to open libmp3lame.dylib

In my computer I have Mac OS X 10.6.8 and I have installed Audacity 1.3.14 in my computer. After installing audacity from my computer when I try to open libmp3lame.dylib file at that time it does not open. Now let me know what is the solution for this problem?

Re: Audacity 1.3.14 is not able to open libmp3lame.dylib

I will suggest you to try to locate file from the user library instead of locating it from hard drive library. Now after that you have to check what the result is. If that idea does not help you then you have to try to solve this problem by resetting the audacity preferences and then your problem might get solved.

I have read your solution and I have tried to locate the file from user library and hard drive library. After doing that also I am still facing same problem. I don’t know how reset audacity preferences. Please tell the exact steps to reset audacity preferences. Thank you in advance.

To reset the audacity preferences you have to follow these steps.

You have to first open audacity.cfg file with any text editor and then you have to leave “NewPrefsInitialized=1” line and remove all the content. After doing that you have to save that file. To find open audacity.cfg file you have to show hidden files and folder in your system. After doing that you have to open audacity in your computer and then after opening that you have to try check whether you are experiencing same problem or not.

According to me after performing the above solution your problem will get solved. if you need any more help then let me know.

I am using MACbook air and recently I have installed Audacity in my Macbook air and then it has also started giving me same problem. I have reset the preferences and also tried to solve this problem by reinstalling audacity but still I am faci8ng same problem. now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Have you tried to solve this problem by repairing the disk permission? If you have not tried this trick then you should first repair disk permission and after doing that you have to check whether you are getting same problem or not?

To repair disk permission you need to open utilities and then select disk utilities. After selecting that you have to choose system drive and then select the verify disk. After doing that you have to select repair disk and then your problem might get solved.