Thread: Software for Encryption of USB Drives

Software for Encryption of USB Drives

Hello friends, I am looking for best software that can be used for the encryption of the USB drives which we are providing to our employees. I was searching for this on internet and there were many results for this and I got confused that which one should I get. So I am posting this over here. If you can provide suggestion for some good software then I will be thankful for you.

Re: Software for Encryption of USB Drives

You can go for the TrueCrypt. TrueCrypt is open source and free solution for those who want to protect sensitive data and make them accessible only to authorized users by entering password. Using TrueCrypt can encrypt entire hard disk or just parts of them, floppy drive, usb pens or even hide an entire operating system impossible to detect without the use of passwords. Furthermore TrueCrypt from the possibility of creating virtual disks encrypted by the double content so that, in the case in which it was forced to detect the password, the displayed content is not the one that we believe have to be secret.

I am agree with the suggestion for the TrueCrypt. TrueCrypt is characterized by two main features: Standard TrueCrypt Volume (recommended for beginners) and not with Volum system-partition/device (suitable for experienced users) and several encryption algorithms with keys 128, 256 and 448 bits which allow the achievement of a very high level of security. As if all this were not enough with TrueCrypt can further increase the level of encryption security using the file instead of the classic password.

You can also check the SafeHouse. This is providing the privacy and protection from 1992 so that you can protect all your sensitive files and folders. This is compatible with all the windows applications.

EncryptOnClick is a simple tool that can encrypt and decrypt files and directories in a few clicks. The program has a simple design interfacefrom which you select the folder or file in question and encode or decode, depending on the size.

With the My Lockbox, you can protect any file with a password. With a simple, intuitive interface, configurable and customizable application with a few clicks can block or allow access to your files. The user eavesdropper cannot force open a file, or trying to open documents from other programs. Anyways, you will not have the perfect idea about any of the software’s which are mentioned here unless you make use of that.

Cryptainer can save your files for free from a safe encrypted. With this tool, you can store your files in an encrypted safe and will provide you with a password. Also, files on USB flash drives and equipment in an e-mail can be viewed only after entering a code. In the free version (LE), the safes are limited to 100 MB. If that is not enough, you can download on the manufacturer's website paid versions up to 25 GB. Cryptainer works by the limited memory size per container is limited. There is one better alternative with unlimited storage, the Open Source software TrueCrypt.

The best that I can recommend you is the USBCrypt which is a powerful tool that will protect your information stored on USB storage devices like external hard drives, memory cards, mobile devices, etc.. USBCrypt allows you to encrypt your units with powerful AES 256-bit password-protect them. The protected drives can be connected without difficulty to any computer, although this is not installed USBCrypt. I am also using the same and I don’t think that I need some replacement for this.

I .am agree with koman that Cryptainer is the best one for this purpose. If you search for this then you will get many result but Cryptainer is the best one among them.