Thread: Need help with Transcoding in Nero Video 11

Need help with Transcoding in Nero Video 11

I have recently installed Nero Video 11 and have created a movie using some clips with .VOB files and after configuring the menus when I tried to run the project then it said “transconding menus and titles” and after that appears as if it got stuck there and never ends, I am not able to burn DVDs because of this, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it??

re: Need help with Transcoding in Nero Video 11

I have recently installed Nero Video 11 and have created a movie using some clips with .VOB files and after configuring the menus when I tried to run the project then it said “transconding menus and titles” and after that appears as if it got stuck there and never ends, I am not able to burn DVDs because of this, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it??
    As far as my knowledge some menus take long time to get encoded, anyways I just wanted to know the below things:
    • Which menu had you chosen??
    • How many chapters or titles are there in the video?
    • Is there enough free space in the C: drive?
    • What is the video version and what kind of Video is it?

Just answer the same so that I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing and will try to help you with the same.

I will answer you in the same manner:
    • I had chosen menu with no animation
    • There is enough space in the C: drive, more than 300 gb
    • There are 3 titles with 10 chapters and I am making a DVD video

Is there anything I can do about it??

Just to check you can try the same without menu and with 1 or 2 titles and only AVI files rather than VOB files and see if it is making any difference, other than this I just wanted to know the specification of your system, you can also check out for some other programs that might be conflicting with the same and disable it for that while, just try out these things and see if it is making any difference and then post back the result that you get.

I have not tried using no menu and just 1 title with 8 chapters and only AVI files but then I am getting the same response, it is still says transcoding and the timer keeps on running but then nothing happens, as far as the specification is concerned I am having the following:
    • XPS DELL
    • Windows 7 64bits
    • Intel i7 2.0ghz,
    • 6 gb ram
    • Video offboard 2gb
    • Hard disk 500 gb

I don’t think that there is any other program that might be conflicting but then now I have removed the other video editing programs as well and it is still not making any difference, is there anything else that I can try out??

I have checked about the same and have found that this issue is with the graphics card\CPU combinations on Dell systems, so which graphic card is there in your system?? Just check out the same and then let me know it for further help.

My XPS Dell Computers is having 2 graphics cards nvidia one and intel hd and the system keeps using the Intel HD until the NVIDIA is actually required. I had configured the NVIDIA to be the main graphic card before but then it is not appearing to be working that way, I have reinstalled the nero thinking that it will make some difference and other than this I have removed all the other Video programs like cyberlink and Roxio which came preinstalled with the Dell, even after doing all this the issue is still the same, I am not able to track out the actual cause of this, is there any other workaround that I can try out to find out the cause of this issue???