Thread: ‘Max path length Exceeded’ error message using Recuva to recover file

‘Max path length Exceeded’ error message using Recuva to recover file

I am trying to use Recuva in order to recover some of the photograph. Whenever I am trying to do the same I am getting max path length exceeded error. Can you tell me how can I resolve the above mentioned problem.

Re: ‘Max path length Exceeded’ error message using Recuva to recover file

Looking at the situation I am suggesting that you should turn off restore folder structure option into recuva and see whether it is helps you out or not.

I was suffering from the same problem which you have stated over here. I found that there was a file which was having long name and hence it was giving Maximum path length exceeded error message. You have to see that files which are having long file name should be unchecked. Once you have done with the same you will not get any issue.

After going through the problem I am suggesting that you should set up a new folder on recovery drive at root for eg C:\R. it will give the shortest path length for the purpose of recovery. If you wanted to use C:\ then it seems to be shorter and make lots of issue with the root directory. You have to run recovery to the folder R and checked 'Restore folder structure’ checkbox.

In case the above mentioned solution is not working than you should see that what you are trying to recover. Recuva supposed to build the path from the deleted files to the root and it would go through many folders. This particular folder will not be deleted. You should rename the folder which is longest name to single character. After that you should run recovery to the folder R. Recuva would automtaiclaly build path from the shorter name folder. As you are trying to recover path for the few bytes long then you will not require to rename the folders.
    Once you have completed with process you can simply roll back to original name.