Thread: Unable to clean Recycle Bin by using CCleaner 3.11.1550 on Windows XP SP3

Unable to clean Recycle Bin by using CCleaner 3.11.1550 on Windows XP SP3

I have installed Windows XP SP3 on the computer of mine. also I am running CCleaner 3.11.1550 on my system. by using CCleaner I tried to clean the recycle bin but still it is showing that Recycle bin has been not emptied. However as I am opening recycle bin there were no files. Also Empty the Recycle Bin is not greyed. I could not figure out from where should I start with troubleshooting. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Unable to clean Recycle Bin by using CCleaner 3.11.1550 on Windows XP SP3

Files which you are not able to see in the Recycle Bin that means it’s a corrupted recycler. You should press shift and delete keys together to delete the folder. Windows will recreate the Recycle Bin folder once you have rebooted the computer. Let me know whether it is working for you or not.

Hey thanks a lot for the prompt replies of yours. I tried the steps which you have stated over here and it did not worked for me at all. I have created the folder on desktop and moved to recycle bin. After running CCleaner I got that Recycle Bin is still having some content in the same. when I open recycle bin there was nothing.

Are using Alt + 255 in order to create folder without having any name? in case your answer is yes then I think that is the reason you are facing the problem. it is quite difficult to remove folders which are unnamed. Such folder gets hidden automatically and people could not found any way to remove the same. For sake of try I recommend that you should try to remove recycle bin in Safe mode and tell me what results do you getting.

There could be something wrong with configuration of the drive itself.

You have to right click on the Recycle Bin folder and click on Properties.

You have to change the global tab to Use One Setting For All Drives.

I am suspecting that CCleaner resetting Info2 to the empty state. However it is failing to remove directory. So there is something wrong happening with the CCleaner itself. Hence you should reinstall it on your computer.