Thread: Using WinApp2.ini to have faster usage of CCleaner

Using WinApp2.ini to have faster usage of CCleaner

latest version of WinApp2.ini is causing delay of 4140 mSec before the CCleaner is supposed to do the action. If there is no WinApp2.ini then it would take 350mSec before it goes for any action. TRIM.BAT taking 3 second less to generate 12 KB variant. It is dependent on CCleaner.INI for CCleaner.exe detections of the all of application. It needs around one minute to double click on the CCleaner checkboxes to get the required information to CCleaner.ini. if you know about Windows GUI to text capture tool like Nirsoft SysExp with having command line options then feel free to tell me about.

Re: Using WinApp2.ini to have faster usage of CCleaner

Don’t use WinApp2.ini is you are not comfortable with slow load time. you should use the same as template rather than that of whole.

I wanted to ask you another question. Which is the most preferable way to TRIM new INI file after having an update? Will you drop new INI file into CCleaner and execute TRIM.BAT?

Yes you have to do the same. you should simply drag and drop the INI file into CCleaner and execute TRIM.BAT file. You should also have the setting which will allow you to load .ini file on CCleaner.

In CCleaner 2 you will need to click on Analyze button and after doing Analysis you will need to close the Software. It supposed to take around 30 seconds to convert the 163 kB file to 12KB. You have to download Trim_2.txt and rename the same as Trim_2.bat that is it. no need to put an extra efforts to do the same.

I found a problem while trimming WinApp2.ini and got below mentioned error message.

This version of D:\APPS\CCleaner\TRIM_INI\CCleaner64.exe is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need a x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.
    I done bleow mentioned changes in the Bat file.
    Code:
    IF EXIST "%WINDIR%\SysWOW64" start /wait CCleaner64.exe
    IF NOT EXIST "%WINDIR%\SysWOW64" start /wait CCleaner.exe
     I hope it will help someone.

I am having both 32bit as well as 64 bit version of CCleaner on my computer. I done below mentioned changes in the x64 systems
    Code:
    SET "CC=CCLEANER64.EXE" & IF NOT EXIST !CC! SET "CC=CCLEANER.EXE"
    !CC! /DEBUG
    DEL %FILE%
    CALL :T_N_S Running "!CC! /DEBUG"
    And it is working flawlessly.

You will require a portable version of CCleaner in order to execute on the isolated environment. You should also check whether installed version made any changes on your computer. if you configured CCleaner than I am sure that it will remember whatever changes you have done. In case you have done with pre-existing CCleaner folder and there was any items which were unchecked and remembered by the software. Then such items cannot be displayed when you are using debug options and you will also not get any boxes into WinApp2.ini.

I let you know that Trim.bat could cause lots of issues in WinApp2.ini. Volatile Detections supposed to be detected. When you are using 163 KB download then 12 checkboxes would disappear after completing with cleaning. If it is done on the clean version then volatiles would not register.

Well Trim_5 was not working on my Windows 7 system. it was getting an issue with User Account Control. However the issue was resolved when I used Trim_5.bat as administrator of the computer.