Thread: Unable to defragment movable system files by using Defraggler

Unable to defragment movable system files by using Defraggler

as the title of thread is saying what I wanted to ask you over here. there are many files which can be defragmented. However those files are $UsnJrnl and $ObjId are not displayed in the defragmented files list. Do you know any reason any files are not displayed or listed into defragmenting?

re: Unable to defragment movable system files by using Defraggler

In this particular situation I wanted to tell you that you should try to do the boot time defrag and see whether it helps you out or not.

Re: Unable to defragment movable system files by using Defraggler

Ok thanks a lot for the reply. I done with the boot time frag but I have not found any difference in the things. I was not able to get any much information about the same. boot time defrag is not able to defragment the all the files. It can also leave some files at the middle where it supposed to place the other file when doing the online defrag. Even if there are unmovable files which are not defragmented then it can happen that it leaves the files which can be defragmented in online defrag.

I can understand but defraggler does not supposed to really ignore as I am able to see the drive map. Microsoft also saying that files can be defragmented. Defraggler can only make a decision to map any file to the section of the hard disk. The section is also containing some of those files which could make the fragmentation. I don’t why some defragmenters are able to defragment such files and some are not able to do so.

If there is absolute zero frag count could give a tidy map. Today world fast CPU would not give any performance loss and making the disk fragemented. So far I have not found any difference in the system response without having zero fragged volume.