Thread: CCleaner after analyzing take too long to clean

CCleaner after analyzing take too long to clean

Well I have Dell XPS 410 PC which is about 3 to 4 years old running vista on it . And every this was just fine few time ago but now my Explorer hanging up every time I try to delete a file. It sometime take 30 min long and some time I get this message that the explorer has quit working. I contacted the dell representative and he suggested the safe mode option that works fine if I need to delete something now but on the normal mode I still have the problem . I think there is a problem in my OS ,s o I thought to reinstalled the OS back again . of course I am taking back of the Important file , and on the fresh install I did some defragging, disk cleanup, and he installed CCleaner on the pc. Now the CCleaner works good analyzing fast but green processing bar just sits at 5% complete. The computer is working just fine but CCleaner has some issue don’t know what . is there anyone who know what the problem is I will be really appreciating if anyone here can help

Re: CCleaner after analyzing take too long to clean

Similar issue When I got the prompt that you'd upgraded CCleaner I was glad , as it keep room on my PC free. however with this updated build I've encounter one big issue it's very too slow. Analyzing too far too long to finish, and the cleaning is sluggish too. Even if I only press Run Cleaner, it takes a huge sum of time to clean stuff. If there's no technique this can be repair , could I please have a link to the earlier build? I am not able to find it .

I am very comfortable with CCleaner for fairly awhile. Ever since I read regarding it. I keep it handy all the time, and most likely use it a most times a day. When this new edition came out, I was amazed that I was notified by e-mail. after that, I was surprised when I noted the different name and color. And lastly, I was doubtful while this new edition ran three or four times longer than my earlier versions, after it take my slow dial-up connection three hours to download It's at no cost. . I suppose this latest version is just much more thorough. After that long download, I definitely am not worried to switch back to an previous and most probably less-efficient version.

I suggest you must Check task manager of PC to check what CPU usage and such is going on while working CCleaner on PC . What kind of antivirus are you using . you don’t require to defrag that often anyway. It surely seems that some other application is also running at the time you running CCleaner. It might be conflicts of scheduled tasks.
    Can you tell me When precisely in you running CCleaner.I think it’s not at start-up with other stuff also working at start-up. . I feel anywhere among 5-4 seconds per MB to "analyze" plus less to clean

Well I suggest that instead of running the CCleaner for everything you should select the Windows/Applications panel and choose one item at a time and clean this will let you know and determine what's hanging

Thanks for the reply you guys can you tell me is it of if delete system and application files which the cleaner has chosen as items that need to removal. as well, what on the virus protection system files I use the McAfee . And now I am getting the slow delete window pop up in place of a fast send off to the recycle bin. I have contacted the support again and He says that all I can do Operating System uninstall. . .

The fact that the CC delete the unwanted temporary files, logs, as well as almost everything you wish to deleted/overwritten to protect privacy. You need to see what CCleaner does, and how to tweak your settings. You might have a corrupt Recycle bin, and there is tutorial shows precisely how to fix it but I don’t know the link for that so you have to Google it for that . and Operating System uninstall is the last resort. Try the Recycle Bin reset, hope his help

Looks to me like you have numerous application running in the background that isn't required if it takes that huge time to analyze or clean that means that it isn’t getting the CPU. My just take about 6 seconds however I have a good operating system

Well I suggest that You must to run a System File Check. See the fact is Vista have an continuing issue with SFC which says a few corrupt files is not able to repaired, however when you check the cbs log it just display errors with Vista sidebar this is usual

Maybe you should show the local repair shop look as if its software conflicts.