Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unable to run amd64 kernel on Wine due to error message

Windows Software

Old 27-02-2012

Unable to run amd64 kernel on Wine due to error message

Recently I switched to 2.6.32-5-868 to amd64 kernel. I have installed the nvidia by using debian with the help of module assistant. I have also found that I was able to install nvidia-glx-ia32 drivers in chroot. But still it is running amd kernel and there is no way to install the 32 libs.
I am getting below mentioned error message.
Code:
err:d3d_caps:WineD3D_CreateFakeGLContext Can't find a suitable iPixelFormat.
err:d3d:InitAdapters Failed to get a gl context for default adapter
Direct3D9 is not available without OpenGL.
err:winediag:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo Direct rendering is disabled, most likely your OpenGL drivers haven't been installed correctly
I am not having opengl but glxgears is working fine.

I could not find out whether I am using 32 bit or 64 bit Wine. Can you tell me what should I do? can you tell me any way to make the game working on my computer?

Old 27-02-2012

Re: Unable to run amd64 kernel on Wine due to error message

If you are having direct rendering than it does not mean that you are using hardware accelerated opengl. Also I am not able to get why do you have installed i386 rather than you can switch to amd64 kernel. There could be some situation where 64 bit kernel as well as 32 bit userland are supposed to be useful. If you wanted to install 64 bit version then you will need to get 64 bit debian.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,