Thread: Mac software to grab irregular region

Mac software to grab irregular region

I am looking for a good grabbing software for my Mac OS. I need it for my presentation. I don’t care if it a paid software or free or shareware. Please suggest a few.

Re: Mac software to grab irregular region

The Mac using is very well done: Finder / Help / Mac Help (directly or Cmd-?) And asks the question "Capture". The tool 'screenshot' will be shown as well as keyboard shortcuts to make screenshots.
    Now if you want to catch video of your screen, there is the excellent (and free) software ScreenFlow .

I also use them the following programs:
    • SnapNDrag : A simple program that lets you make selections of screens and screen sharing. What is not so handy is that you can specify whether you want to keep your mouse in the picture.
    • CaptureMe:. Is very simple: a small, transparent window appears. Click it. Everything at that moment behind it is recorded.

I also use the SnapNDrag and it is very handy in Mac. There are several capture modes. The screen capture modes are as follows: crop a portion of a monitor manually, capture a window or full screen. We can also program the number of minutes the software will take the picture through a handy timer. Moreover SnapNDrag lets you choose the format (JPEG, GIF, PNG and TIFF) that will have the picture and set the quality (only for. JPG) and quickly send the newly recorded images via e- email.

Note: The program has a convenient box that displays the preview image that is taken to move through a Drag & Drop, into a folder of your choice or on the desktop.

With Skitch, you can not only take screenshots but also edit the same. This scale allows the captured images, with text and objects, and share with the integrated Sktich account with others. In addition, you can also edit photos with the built-in iSight camera recording and editing. In addition, Skitch can also photos to MobileMe, FTP - send and WebDAV and Flickr accounts.

There are several apps for Mac OS to take a screenshot. Some apps works in a similar manner like Snipping tool in Windows 7. Some are easily available on the Apple Appstore. you can also get a few third party software for free from other sites.