Thread: "no mountable file systems" error while opening .dmg file

"no mountable file systems" error while opening .dmg file

In my computer I have MAC OS X snow leopard and it has suddenly started giving me problem. in my computer I am trying to open .dmg file but every time I get 'no mountable file systems' error message. If anyone have solution regarding this then let me know.

Re: "no mountable file systems" error while opening .dmg file

I have read your problem and I would like to tell you that first you should first try to open that .dmg file in different computer and then you have to check whether you are getting same problem or not? if you are getting same problem while opening that file in your computer then I think that file may be corrupted and if you don’t get same problem with other computer then something wrong with your computer only.

I would like to ask you that what does icon look like? When you right click on the that .dmg file at that time what does it shows? This information will help to give you proper solution. You have to also check whether any other .dmg file is also giving you same problem or not?

Thank you for helping me. When I right click on that .dmg file at that time it gives open with option for DiskImageMounter and if I tried this file from different computer then it works correctly. Is there any other way to solve this problem?

I think you should try to solve this problem by repairing disk permission in your computer and after repairing the disk permission you should try to open that .dmg file in your computer and then your problem might get solved. Try this solution and then let me know what the result is.

If you want to repair disk permission then do these steps.

• Go to the application and then select Utilities.
    • Select Disk Utility.
    • Click on Verify Disk Permissions.
    • If it detects any errors then click on Repair Disk Permissions button.
    I hope after trying this solution problem will get solved.

You should make sure that while opening .dmg file in your computer Migration Assistant is not open. If it is open then you should first close that and after closing Migration Assistant check whether you are getting same problem or not? I am telling you this because in my computer I was also experiencing same problem and then I have come to know that Migration Assistant is causing this problem and then I have closed that and then my problem get solved. I think you should also try this solution and then your problem gets solved.

If after trying above solution also if you are experiencing same problem then you should trash this file “com.apple.DiskUtility.plist” from your system and then restart your computer and then your problem might get solved. Try this solution and then let me know whether it makes any difference or not?