Thread: How to recover corrupted XML file in OpenOffice?

How to recover corrupted XML file in OpenOffice?

I don’t know why but some of the xml file of OOO has been corrupted and I wanted to recover the same by any mean. Is there anyone who can help me out to get rid out from the above mentioned problem? Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to recover corrupted XML file in OpenOffice?

As far as I know styles.xml and content.xml has number of duplicate attributes. Well I have used the 7zip in order to opening as well as rezipping of the odt file to extraction and corruption of the xml files. You have to compress the entire file structure into the zip file and you have to change the extension to odt file.

To fix the problem I recommend below mentioned solution.
    • Simply open a blank file in OpenOffice. Now you have to go Insert and click on File.
    • Now insert the corrupted files.
    • In case there is Spreadsheet ,calc or ODS document then use Insert and go for Sheet from file.

Do you have checked Always Create backup in the OpenOffice Settings? If so then OOO will make a backup of all the files at the below mentioned location.
    C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\OpenOffice.org\user\backup
    Simply browse to that particular location and see whether any file. It will have the same filename as that of the original and it will have .BAK extension. Copy the same at any other location and try to open with OpenOffice.

I think issue could be fixed by installing latest version of OOO. Install it on your system and try to open that issue causing file on OpenOffice.

After going through the problem of yours I recommend to use FileCure software to resolve the file corruption which you have mentioned over here. you can get it from the official website. There is both free as well as licensed version of the software. If you liked the free version of the software then you can purchase the license version. Tell me whether FileCure software helped you to fix the matter of yours.