Thread: iTunes Match Is not recognizing "played" songs

iTunes Match Is not recognizing "played" songs

I have installed iTunes Match and the problem that I am facing is that when I am playing a song I don’t know why is it appearing in the unplayed list, I am able to find out in the "last played" column with the time and the date, Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it??

re: iTunes Match Is not recognizing "played" songs

I have installed iTunes Match and the problem that I am facing is that when I am playing a song I don’t know why is it appearing in the unplayed list, I am able to find out in the "last played" column with the time and the date, Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it??
    Before I suggest you something about the same I want you to give me some more information about the issue, I mean that which device you are using is it an ios device or it is a computer and so, if it is an iOS device then I will like to inform you that it is not capable of handling most smart playlists and because of it conflicts like this, I have found a no of user facing issue with match on ios device as there it is just a part of a smart playlist.

My case is different as I am having computer and I have set up match on it, I will also like to add that now going through the same again I have found that there is a music video which I had purchased from iTunes a long time back but then it is still there in the unplayed list, this is appearing quite weird now as I have been playing the same since I have purchased it, what do you think might be the possible cause in my case??

If I have understood you properly then you are viewing this in a smart playlist which is supposed to show you songs that are never played, correct me if I am wrong. If I have got you right then you can just try to turn off iTunes match in any event and that you will be able to see the library just the way it appears on the computer, after doing that just check if the play count is correct and let me know about it as well for further help.

I was having the same issue before but then I have recently solved it out, if you want then you can try out the same solution that I had tried:
    • First pay the songs with the match turned on and I did so for clearing the playlist.
    • After that turned match off and on and then the songs should not appear in the unplayed list.

Just check out the same and see if it is helping, I think that it will probably help you out as you case is similar to that of mine.

I think that you might be lucky with the solution you have mentioned as I have tried out the same and it is not making any difference in my case as the songs are still appearing in the unplayed list, is there any other effective solution that I can try out to solve this issue?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.