Thread: How to exclude songs from iCloud using iTunes Match

How to exclude songs from iCloud using iTunes Match

Yesterday I have registered for iTunes Match and signed up for a new account. Now there are nearly 24,000 songs in my library. Among those 1500 tracks classroom lessons. I don’t want those 1500 tracks on icloud since there is no use at all. Now the icloud library is closer to 25,000 song limit. Is there any way to EXCLUDE those songs so that I can prevent them taking up icloud space unnecessary?

Re: How to exclude songs from iCloud using iTunes Match

I don’t worry about the limitations of ICould. iTunes Match's "25,000" limit is only meant for those songs which you have added manually. This is not a hard limit actually. You can create own iTunes Library to store those songs separately. However there are many way to exclude songs and even the entire library can be included or excluded in the iTunes Match.

A MacWorld writer told in his blog that, once you limit your library in iTunes Match and it contains more than 25,000 songs, you will not be able to sign up for iTunes Match. Do you think that this post is meaningful? I don’t think so. After $25 yearly fee, Apple could charge extra for additional amount of storage you need on iCloud. Apple certainly give access in any way.

I have taken the following note from the Apple's iTunes Match page:

The actual thing is once you put the music in iCloud, you can able to access or stream it from any devices. In order to listen to the songs from the iCloud, just tap the iCloud icon and your songs will stat playing automatically. The icloud offers up to 25,000. However if you have purchased songs from the iTunes Store, you can store them freely and it will not count in 25,000. It will store only those which you want to play in your device.