Thread: how to optimize a video on iMovie 11

how to optimize a video on iMovie 11

Hello friends I am using iMovie for the first time, I am trying to add many videos from my hard disk to the computer but facing problem when the full process is complete as the videos are been displayed in any order. I tried sorting the videos as I require it as per year wise but it is not happening. So I would like to know how to remove the year order. As if I want to add videos in 2005 year model than also it makes it to 2011 year and if I want to add 2006 year model then it adds to 2012 year.

Re: how to optimize a video on iMovie 11

iMovie is meant to do this kind of work if you arrange it year wise it will separate all the videos with the date and year then it will make a folder of 2012 year and move all the videos to that folder which are or that year. If you want to do as you have mentioned do one thing just rename your project name to 2006. As the iMovie project works that way only as you are creating a new project it will think that it’s a 2012 project only so it will move your videos to that folder. And if you are not comfortable doing it then you should leave the iMovie Project order.

Re: how to optimize a video on iMovie 11

Thank you for your quick reply so you mean that I just need to rename the project as I require and add the year in the title. I tried it and it did worked for me and yes I was also having one more problem as when I am trying to select a folder and move the movies I am not able to move the whole folder instead of that it just moves 1 or 2 files.