Thread: How to export iPhoto Slideshow

How to export iPhoto Slideshow

I hope that most of you know about the iphoto automatic slideshow and it is really something big. I heard that there is way to export iphoto slideshow and I seen this but is there any way to export directly to imovie ? I want to export entire slideshow not only the pictures.

Re: How to export iPhoto Slideshow

First of all make sure that you have properly created the slideshow and saved it. Now you need to click the Export button which you can get at the bottom of iPhoto. It will open a pop-up window. Select QuickTime movie size and resolution size depending on the compatible devices. Click Export, and after that select location on your HDD.

You are asking about exporting the iphoto slideshow directly to the iMovie. Well, I am not sure about it but there is a possibility that you can directly export it to the iDVd or iWEB. Click Share in the menubar> send to iDVD. Like this way I have done lots of DVDs and my family loves them a lot. Export to iMovie option still not available in my version of iPhoto. I don’t know about the newer version yet. There might be a trial version which you can try to check.

As said, I had exported the iPhoto slideshow and I wanted it move to the iMovie. The slideshow was combination of some video clips and photos. When I try to import that slideshow file on iMovie, it tells me that slideshow wasn't "compatible. Now I ended up putting2 different chapters into iDVD. The one chapter contains the iMovie and the other chapter is for iPhoto slideshow. The format of slideshow is a ".mov" file

If you want to get the more options, you should click on the Custom Export button and there you will get options for QuickTime file formats. Select the format and name the file. After that click on option button. It will bring you the video compression and filter settings along with sound compression settings. You can Automatically store slideshow to iTunes so that later you can easily sync them with your iOS devices