Thread: How to import digital video switcher in iMovie

How to import digital video switcher in iMovie

Hello friends I just wanted to know if I can import the digital video switcher to iMovie. Is it possible to do and if it is can you let me know how to do it? I have a Focus MX-4 DV Digital Video Mixer and want to import the digital video from this to my computer which has Mac 10.4.11 operating system. I have I-Movie HD 6.0.3.

Re: How to import digital video switcher in iMovie

I don’t know much about all this but as much as I know I think ElGato EyeTV Hybrid should work for you as it can fix the connection problem between your computer and the digital video but I don’t know if it can import the file from it to iMovie. Hope someone can help you on it.

EyeTV is software which comes with EyeTV hybrid and it imports live TV as a MPEG2 file. You can save that file and even you can edit it a bit if you want to and you can even watch it live but basically it worls like a DVR. And if you want it in the iMovie you need to convert the file from MPEG2 format to h.264 that to in Apple TV format or even you can convert it in ipod format. And if you need to edit this in iMovie you would like to have MPEG Streamclip for that.

Software’s like BoinxTV or FCP would help you to solve the problem. And yes as one of the user have mentioned about EyeTV set. I would like to explain it to you how does it works.

Video mixer and EyeTX are connecting by using S-video and you need to connect your hard drive using USB. As EyeTV software records the video and stores it to the hard disk. This is how you can import digital video to your computer.