Thread: How to save JPEG file with Date Stamp

How to save JPEG file with Date Stamp

Does anyone familiar with canon EOS XTi Camera software?

It does not do the job what I need. There are several JPEG files stored in IPhoto and all of them have time and date stamp in the info file. The Canon's Image Browser can open those jpeg files from iphoto and can print with date and time. It is a good feature but it only happens during the print. Here I want to store images with the time and date stamp on the image itself. Is there any way to do like that? If I can print like that way, then there must be way to save them in a same manner.

Is there any apple or Canon software to do it with a single click?

Re: How to save JPEG file with Date Stamp

As far as I know that every JPG files or images stored with Exif data which contain lots of technical information. The information may be camera used, lens, distance to subject and every single one exposure data. For windows there are lots of software to do the task easier but here you are using the apple system. So you need to look for iExifer software for Mac.

What you have suggested is just a software which is used for reading date information from the Exif file. If I am reading the first post correctly, it is not what he is looking for. He wants to save photos with the information. The information should be embedded on the image. While you preview any images, it should be see over or along with the image. It is somewhat complicated.

If you simply want a date/time reference on the image, do it in an easy way. Edit the images using photoshop or any similar software. Put the Date stamp over the image and save it as new file.

I recently come to know about the EFIX files and learned more about it. There is program called Photo Brush, which will help you to access the EXif info and will print the Date and time Stamp on the original image file. After that you can save those files in JPG format with or without overwriting original.