Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 17-02-2012

DVD freezes after burnt with iDVD

I have got Mac Book Pro and I have installed iDVD so that I can burn movies and songs and all stuffs by using iDVD. I did used this software for creating a DVD to play on my home theater it was been played very well but after seeing on my home theater I gave that DVD to my uncle as he also wanted to see it but it was not able to play properly at his place he said while playing it runs properly but at some part it freezes and then it goes to main menu. So I got that DVD and tried again on my home theater but it was working proper at my place. I burnt a new DVD and gave it to my uncle he said it was having same problem with the new one also. And when I tried that DVD at me place it was playing properly so I took that DVD to some of my friends and tried at their places and that time I noticed that there was some problem as the DVD was played properly in some players and at some players it was freezing. I was using DVD+R
Old 17-02-2012

Re: DVD freezes after burnt with iDVD

Hey i think we are in same boat bro as I am also having this same problem but I did some research on some forum sites and I only got one answer as mentioned some where they said instead of burning the DVD we should make an img file and after making the img file we need to burn it using Disk Utility as by using Disk Utility we can set the burning speed and as we can set the burning speed we can keep it to low speed so that we can get better quality. This was the answer I had got but I did tried that also even after doing this all things my DVD was freezing in most of the DVD players. So is there anyone over here that can solve our problem as this is not done.
Old 17-02-2012

Let me tell you there are many DVD players which do not support DVD format or some files in DVD so they freeze or crashes and as much as I know that DVD+R burns at 4X speed only so no need to adjust the speed. And one question I have in mind does Disk Utility verify the DVD after burning is completed?
Old 17-02-2012

Yes it does verify the DVD after the burning is over. And let me tell you again that the DVD work properly in some players and freezes in some players. So is this a problem with DVD players or iDVD.
Old 17-02-2012

It?s not a problem with your iDVD it is a problem with some players. As when you burn a DVD in iDVD that means you are burning this DVD to get good HD Quality print right. And the old DVD players do not support this kind of Quality so they sometimes play this DVD or sometimes freeze it. You can do one thing play your DVD in all the new DVD players it would work fine and if you play the same DVD in some old DVD players it won?t work. So no one can solve this problem as it is not a problem of iDVD.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , , ,