Thread: Unable to import MTS file in Canon Vixia HFR20 to iMovie 11

Unable to import MTS file in Canon Vixia HFR20 to iMovie 11

This is really frustrating I am unable to make it work to get the video that I record on my new Canon Vixia HF20 to my MacBook Pro into iMovie 11. The software that in the box is just for windows There has to be a method to obtain this video on to my PC for editing purposes. I plug in my camcorder to the laptop and nothing happen and nothing is accessible while I search to import video.

Re: Unable to import MTS file in Canon Vixia HFR20 to iMovie 11

As far as I know once your camera is attached via USB open iMovie. below "File" click on on the option that says "import from camera". Then the import window will shows . Press play on the camera and click on "import" in the window. Should work okay. Your Canon Vixia HFR20 is supported the iMovie 11

Just buy a new HF20 yesterday. And for getting the file on the camera in to iMovie '11, you require to connect the camera by the USB cable on to the Mac. Start the camera . Open your camera's LCD display so you can observe it. choose a clip on your camera. Hit play on the camera. You'll see a message on the LCD screen saying you to connect your camera to the compact power adapter. Once you do that, you can select 'Import from the camera' below 'File'. You will after that observes a screen on your laptop screen with thumbnails of the video clips on your camera. Just see the directions in the screen to import the videos to iMovies. This must work okay with no installing anything from the software discs that came with your Canon Vixia HFR20
    Hope that helps.

You are absolutely right and actually I establish out at present how to do it successfully . I was hoping the Canon Company must document such data for future users. I consider it must work the similar technique for Final Cut Pro and Final Express.

I also have the same camera , and the procedure works the similar way - although, when I connect the camera to AC power plus the USB cable, the LCD display on the camera goes into a "PC Connect" mode plus I can't do anything from the camera. That's no issue though. The problem I’m having is that I can recover the video clips on the internal memory by the iMovie using the "

• File
    • Import from Camera

however I am unable to get access to the files in the SD card in the camera. Plus if I just copy the mts files in the my computer, I can't work out how to get iMovie to know that they are video files.

I have iMovie 9 however see no sync button. It know the camera, however while I do an import I have the error saying the "iMovie was not capable of import 1 clip from your camera. Click Archive All to create a backup copy of each of the clips from your camera to your hard disk.". I've completed a camera archive and try from there too it shows the similar error.

anybody familiar with if you able to make use of iMovie HD from the HF20 AVCHD video? Do you import clips through iMovie and after that import in the iMovieHD? How will the quality contrast with tithe the iMovie if you burn to DVD?

I just get the Canon Vixia HFR20 and I am too on the MacBook with iMovie . I not able to import the movies. while I done everything that is mentioned on the thread, I get a error message on the camera LCD screen