Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 16-02-2012

How to save Audacity file on a thumbdrive

Currently I have 5 episodes of voice recording all are about 30 minutes long. I want to record 12 podcasts now. I have saved them in the audacity form and Mp3 on my laptop. I need to keep it somewhere place. So I am thinking, Is it possible to save audacity files onto a thumb drive? If my laptop crashes I can use that thumbdrive on some other laptop and open those files.
Old 16-02-2012

Re: How to save Audacity file on a thumbdrive

As far as I can say that-Yes, you can do this. Probably you should do it. It is always good plan to keep backups. There might be a possibility of HDD failure or Crash. At this time, this backup will become very helpful for you.
Old 16-02-2012

If you really repeatedly record as well as edit audio clips using the Audacity freeware utility, you get to have the utility offered on each and every one computer you use. Sometimes it is not possible to always download and install favorite apps on each computer you use and it would be more time consuming task. Sometimes you are also not allowed to install the software without the user permissions. So there is a Portable Audacity App for free, which you can carry on your flash drive and run without installing.
Old 16-02-2012

There are various versions of "Portable Audacity" for download on various websites. In most cases these are slightly modified versions of a release version of Audacity. In most cases, the authors of these versions have not kept pace with the Audacity team consultation. Since we generally do not know what's changed in this version. I advise against using them.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,