Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Relocating partially downloaded file using torrent from one system to another.

Windows Software

Old 15-02-2012

Relocating partially downloaded file using torrent from one system to another.

I am currently downloading a software from torrent site. At present I am at college hostel. The download shows that it needs more 14 hours to complete. But because of coming holiday, I will be at home for a week. So my question is that, can I take the incomplete downloaded file in a pen drive or other mass storage device and keep it for completion on computer at my home?

Old 15-02-2012

Re: Relocating partially downloaded file using torrent from one system to another.

No, you canít. You can take the incomplete downloaded file in a pen drive at your home along with the torrent file. But as soon as you put it your computer, the torrent software will ask if you want to replace the existing files. Once you like on Ďyesí it will again start download all over.
In short, you canít transfer partially downloaded files from torrent to another system.
Old 15-02-2012

Re: Relocating partially downloaded file using torrent from one system to another.

The whole thing works like a Jigsaw Puzzle. You set the pieces of puzzle on a table, but you want to take the partially completed Jigsaw puzzle on another table. If you try to lift it, many pieces will fall.

When you download any file from torrent software, it is sent in pieces and bits. These bits are not connected to each other. They are connected as soon as the download is fully completed. So you canít download transfer partially downloaded files in torrent. Once download is completed you can transfer the fully downloaded file from any media to any other system.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,