Thread: Logitech QuickCam Sphere AF stucks at "waiting for connection"

Logitech QuickCam Sphere AF stucks at "waiting for connection"

I have been trying to install the Logitech QuickCam SphereAF but couldn’t succeed yet. My system is running Windows XP professional SP3 and I have installed the latest driver v11.10.2030. The installation progress is now asking to connect the new Logitech device. I have connected the device and device is recognized by windows because I can notice it clearly in windows since it is showing USB device detected and read to use. But the Logitech QuickCam Sphere AF installation wizard stuck at “waiting for connection” message. What is the problem here?

Re: Logitech QuickCam Sphere AF stucks at "waiting for connection"

Can you see any button on the setting wizard window where you are getting “waiting for connection” message? Is there any button like “next” button? If you are getting any problem with installing Logitech webcam, then you might need to re-install the drivers. If you have any luck, then you can easily Windows will easily recognize and install the device.

As I have seen that there is no NEXT button when the process stuck at “waiting for connection”. The only button I can see is “skip” button which is highlighted. I tried pressing on that button and then the system installs Drivers and then windows opens quickcam saying Logitech is running and it need to install drivers. But due to this error Sphere MP does not recognized.

As far as I know that Logitech offers you a very easy way and support for finding new drivers for webcams or other components. You just need to know the exact product name and model number if necessary and you can download it freely. If you have connected the webcam and if it is still not connected then you should see a small pop up saying that adding hardware. Click on it to start the wizard and go after the instructions. However if your webcam already came with Driver CD, use that CD only instead of downloading and installing drivers.