Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2012

Which CS5 photoshop edition is best for beginners?

Hello friends, I wanted to go for CS5 photoshop, but i am bit confuse that for which edition i should go for. I am beginner and wanted to know that which edition will be best for me, so can you people help me with it, so that i can get it for me. Please suggest me, thank you.
Old 06-02-2012

Re: Which CS5 photoshop edition is best for beginners?

I would suggest that you better download some older version of the photoshop, as the CS5 photoshop is not been made for the beginners, so if you really wanted to start with it, then you better get some older version.
Old 06-02-2012

I would also say the same thing to you, that Adobe Photoshop CS5 is not been made for the beginners, if you try to work on it then it will be complex, and also it will take a long time to you to master in that. I would suggest that you can start learning with the Adobe Photoshop Elements 10, as you not a professional then you might do not need to have full version of Photoshop, as it is been total overkill for average consumers. If you have not purchased then let me tell you that Adobe Photoshop CS5 (standard) is for $699, Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended is $999 and Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 is $99, even there are some of the GIMP which is free, but that also are complex like the CS5.
Old 06-02-2012

I am using Photoshop from many years, it is a really tough to learn and it is painful, having the second party add-ins then the photoshop will become unstable in some of the situations. You are just a beginner then i would suggest that try as many free graphic programs which you are able to find, so try those and build up your ability on these, if you keep on using those then only you will be able to use Photoshop for a job. Even there are other application which are same as the photoshop which are also good, then you can use a different program most of the time, but for the best program to do every thing for magazine lay outs / posters Etc, your stuck with Photoshop, well until some one catches up with them.
Old 06-02-2012

I will like to say that you better search for comparison between the Photoshop editions, Adobe Photoshop CS5 vs. Extended vs. Elements 10 vs. Lightroom 3, if you search this, you will get the information about it and you will get a rough idea about the photoshop. Even you can download the free trial of any programs direct from Adobe if you like it.
Old 06-02-2012

If you are beginner then there is no need to think about BUYING a $999 program till the time you have become employed photo-editing Professional. Whereas the Adobe's PhotoShop Elements 10 works almost same as the CS5 Photoshop, it will come for about $ 99. If you have mastered in that then you can go for the CS5 Photoshop. If you are not able afford that then you can try the Paint.net and The GIMP are great free alternatives and also many other are there.
Old 06-02-2012

Consider what the above user have told, then there are only two editions of Photoshop, standard and extended, so i will suggest you better go for the standard. There is nothing difference both of them, there is extra tools for 3D modeling on extended. But it is not at all useful if anyone is been using it for images or edit their photography.
Old 06-02-2012

I would suggest you that go for GIMP which the free photoshpo alternative. So you should try that before spending money on professional software. Wanted to have photoshop, then you better get photoshop elements, as that is 1/5 the price of the full photoshop software.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,