Thread: Screen does not fit to Fullscreen in VMware Player

Screen does not fit to Fullscreen in VMware Player

Hello everyone,
    I am using VMware player 3.1 version and I have Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit as host and Windows Me operating system as guest installed in my pc. I have installed all the tools that came with VMware version and while doing this I am getting a message to install the SVGA video drivers so I installed this drivers manually. Now I am facing the issue with the Guest operating system. When I open the VMware Player on full screen it doesn't resize to fit the fullscreen and I am getting a small black edge on middle of the screen with the rest being black. So does anyone know how to solve this issue?

Re: Screen does not fit to Fullscreen in VMware Player

I have got this same issue and after searching on the internet I came upon the below code on the to fix the issue on this file vmx file:
    Code:
    pref.autoFitFullScreen = "fitHostToGuest"
    Once you have edited the code then restart VMware player and after that let me know if the issue still persist or its being solved.

pref.autoFitFullScreen = "fitHostToGuest"
    Thanks for the replies but after using the method that you hav given it didnt help me out. If anyone knows how to make the guest OS stretch to fill the whole screen on the player then please let me know. I would be very thankful for the solution.

I think you have to edit this file on the guest operating system file and because of that the problem still persist. So go through the below location on the host operating system:
    C:\Documents and Settings\your user id\Application Data\VMware.
    Now here type the above code on the preferences.ini file. I hope this will help you out to solve the problem.

Even I was facing this same problem but after a lot of digging I finally found a solution. You will first of all need to make sure that both the operating system are having the same resolution. If the Guest OS is having low resolution then this problem occurs. So try to keep the same resolution on both operating system and it will surely work out for you.