Thread: VMware tool installation is getting stuck during "Update Pending"

VMware tool installation is getting stuck during "Update Pending"

I have been using Windows 7 as my guest operating system on Ubuntu 11.10 host and I am also using VMplayer 4.0 but then when I am trying to update the VMware tools then the installation process is getting stuck at the 'Update pending' where as the ISO wont mount the guest DVD drive, in my case the DVD has been set to autodetect, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me in resolving the issue??

Re: VMware tool installation is getting stuck during "Update Pending"

I have been using Windows 7 as my guest operating system on Ubuntu 11.10 host and I am also using VMplayer 4.0 but then when I am trying to update the VMware tools then the installation process is getting stuck at the 'Update pending' where as the ISO wont mount the guest DVD drive, in my case the DVD has been set to autodetect, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me in resolving the issue??
    Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know if you are having windows.iso file on your host, if you are not aware of the same then check it out and then let me know for further help.

I have checked out for the same and I have found that the update UI says that it has been downloaded but then I am not able to find out the same in my drive, I am sure that I have checked out in the correct location and it is not there in my drive.

I have been facing the same issue with the following:
    • Fedora 16 Host Operating System
    • VMPlayer 4.0.1 build-528992
    • Windows Vista Guest OS

I am having large free space on the guest as well as the host and I have also allowed the "Update pending" and had left it for an overnight as well but then it is not making any difference and it gets stuck at there only, is there anyone who can help me out as well???

l33t Re: VMware tool installation is getting stuck during "Update Pending"

@Baebi....

Quote Originally Posted by Baebi View Post
    I have been facing the same issue with the following:
    • Fedora 16 Host Operating System
    • VMPlayer 4.0.1 build-528992
    • Windows Vista Guest OS

I am having large free space on the guest as well as the host and I have also allowed the "Update pending" and had left it for an overnight as well but then it is not making any difference and it gets stuck at there only, is there anyone who can help me out as well???
    Make sure you don't have anything connected to the VM's virtual CD drive (make sure you also have one defined). Set the default options for the drive to don't connect at startup. In addition, launch vmplayer from the command line so that you can see the system messages that occur during the installation of vmtools. I had an "update pending" issue, but I had an iso connect to the drive at the time.
    --garland--